Six

Six

Eliana's POV

Harry: Good morning xx

I put my coffee mug on the table, smiling at the notification.

Good morning, how are you feeling after last night?

I sent back even though, if either of us should be asking that, he should be asking me.

Harry: Feeling great, actually. Had a great time with you. Miss you already x

I smiled, again. He misses me. Something happened last night. A shift in my relationship with Harry. Suddenly it felt like we'd been dating, together, like we were a couple for years already. I took a mental note of the amount of x's he added at the end of his messages.

Quote of the day?

I texted, intrigued to know what inspirational quote he'd chosen for his students this morning.

"Mommy," Maeve stood beside me, tugging on the bottom of my shirt grabbing my attention.

"Yes, baby?" I asked, I locked my phone and placed it on the counter to lean down to Maeve.

"Can Lucy take me to the park today?" She smiled at me, giving me her best fluttering eyelashes. I laughed at her attempt to sweet talk me, or I guess bribe me with her cuteness.

"If Lucy is okay with it, I don't see why not." I said, pinching her cheeks softly. She cheered, clapping her hands in front of her, knowing that she would be able to get Lucy to say yes.

Lucy loves Maeve as if she were her own little sister. We both try our best not to spoil Maeve but Maeve makes it hard to resist. I was super fortunate to have found Lucy, she's been a great help with Maeve. It's always helpful to not have to worry about my child, I knew Lucy would always take care of her.

"If you go do your letters right now, I'm sure she'll give you some extra tv time later." I raised an eyebrow at her. Her eyes widened and a glint of excitement rushed through them as she sprinted to the living room to pull out her ABC exercises.

My phone vibrated again on the counter.

Harry: "You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough." - Mae West

I pursed my lips as I read his text once, and then twice, and then another time. I tried to process the quote myself before sending a reply.

A bit daunting, no?

Harry: A bit. We're reading Kite Runner, next few quotes of the day will probably be a bit more about how what you do in your life matters.

Before I could respond, there was a knock on the door, signifying Lucy's arrival. Maeve zipped past me, heading straight for the front door. Her hands were above her head as she screamed Lucy over and over again.

"Hi!" Lucy instantly smiled when we opened the door for her. She dropped to her knees and Maeve instantly threw her arms around Lucy. Lucy grunted at the force but held onto the small child tightly.

"Good morning, good morning." I smiled at the two. Maeve instantly started to tug on Lucy's hand to drag her to the living room once Lucy's shoes were kicked off and placed against the wall.

"Hold on, Maeve." She laughed. "Go ahead, I'll be right there." Maeve nodded and ran to the living room, to finish her letters I'm assuming.

"How are you? How was your date last night?" She grinned at me. I knew it was coming.

"It was really good.. Thank you for staying and watching Maeve for me." I smiled, "Speaking of.. Are you free tomorrow night to watch Maeve? I completely forgot that I agreed to go out with Lyla." I asked, gathering the rest of my belongings.