Prologue

"You are what you believe in. One day, soon enough in life you will find who you really are."

"That is some interesting words you got there. Tell me more of those soon." I spoke out as I stood up from my seat, gently pushing the wooden chair backwards. I took the plates from the wooden dining table, holding them on my paws. I turn for the direction of the kitchen as my small furry tail brush against the wooden chair. A window sits beside the sink as I slowly approach it. Sun rays beaming through the glass, lighting up the small shack I've built just for one person.

"Ever considered returning home? The Black Wolf likes your jolly company, so as The White Wolf whenever you bring up the idea of learning more about the world. Your kin has also been waiting for your return." The Wolf in the lab coat states as I gently place the leftovers in the sink. I turned the tap water on, letting water flow down on the leftovers as I try to resist the urge to turn and look at the Wolf. "I have already told you last week that I am not returning to your laboratory that you call home. I have a life of my own to live, even if... I'm lost with these questions about myself. I am old enough to decide for myself. I even built this shack and the farm outside all on my own within two months."

"Won't you even visit us? The others missed you, Lui. Is there perhaps something I can do to change your mind?" I let out a sigh in response and turned to look at the Wolf. The Wolf is glaring at me with his red eyes, bright red eyes of a predator. The gas mask covers over his snout. Same old Doctor K from two months ago.

"Please, don't even bother bargaining with me just to convince me to return to your home. I want to be independent, and I must first cut ties with you and everyone else in order to achieve my independence." I stated in a calm tone, keeping the atmosphere of the conversation chill and peaceful. Despite the calmness of the situation, I can't help but be sad about myself. All these questions about my life and who I am, where I belong. Where do I really belong?

I reached for the tap water behind me and turned it off before gently approaching the table, taking a seat on my wooden chair. "Look, I'm just... Lost. I want to be independent because I want to search for myself. I want to search for the answers about who I am, what I really am, and where I really belong. I am entirely different from you all. Heck, even Puro mentions about how a race similar to my appearance landed on this planet and were killed by humans. Protogens, killed by humans. This means that my kind is out there. They exist, and I want to reach out to them."

"That's what you've been pondering about all this time? You want independence because you want to reach out to your own race to learn about who you really are? You could've told me that sooner enough so we weren't worried about you suddenly disappearing and cutting ties with us." Doctor K replied, his glaring red eyes immediately opened wide in surprise. "Well..." I paused, thinking of the words that will come out of my mouth as I rub the digits of my paws together, fidgeting.

"That's partly my reason for seeking independence. I want to experience life by myself without depending on you and others. Although about my questions... I still don't know if I can answer them at all." I sigh as I look down at my paws, still fidgeting the two together. "I think I may be able to come up with a plan that will help you answer those questions by yourself. If it will be alright by you, this should be our little reunion. Plus, uncle Scott should be able to tell you more about your origin more than myself." I heard the wooden chair creak against the wooden floor as I look up at the Wolf in lab coat.

"Should I pack up my things now? But then, who's going to take care of the farm and the fields?" I asked and Doctor K placed a paw on my shoulder. "No need to worry. I have been waiting for you to say yes to returning to the laboratory, even for just a short time. That's why I have prepared someone to take over the fields for the time being of you being away. Prototype, I hope you are advanced enough to cover an entire field."

I tilted my head in confusion before suddenly hearing a knock on the front door. "Doctor, am I allowed to come in now?" I immediately stood up from my wooden chair and walked over to the front door before holding the knob with my right paw and turning. A friendly Prototype looks at me, its holographic blue fur waves along the wind outside. Prototype, the robot that helped me with learning about plant life. It knows so much about plants that you can safely call it a dictionary about plants. A botany book. "Hello, I am Prototype. Doctor K engineered me to take care of plants-"

"Okay, Prototype, stop with the formality. That is Lui, your friend." I turned to look at Doctor K who spoke before looking at the Prototype again. "Alright, Lui, I missed you." The Prototype immediately embraced me close, and I stood close to it for half a minute before gently pushing it away. "Thanks for the hug, I guess... I also have to pack my stuff now. Take care of the fields for me, will you?" I asked and the Prototype gave me a nod. I turn to look at Doctor K, and he gave me a nod before raising his right paw to give me a thumbs up.

Before I forget, I should leave a random note hanging on the wall before I leave for my little journey. My name is Lui, a Protogen seeking for the answers of my origins and about my kind. I'll take every chances available just to find the answers to my questions, and this is going to be a wild ride.

 I'll take every chances available just to find the answers to my questions, and this is going to be a wild ride

CHANGED:
OUTBREAK
By: Frosty