Dinner

Gus:

"Hi dad! What are we having?" I ask. "Whatever you guys want" he smiles comfortingly. i look over to matt and he shrugs. "Wow, not much help are you?" I nudge him, he rolls his eyes. "Hmm. What about pizza?" I suggest and they both look confused, exchanging a look. "Pizza? What is that?" My dad had said, matt also looked as if he wanted to know the answer, I expected him to know, even though he tries to hide it he is equally as human obsessed as me. "Its a human meal!" I say excitedly. I watch as my dads face turns to amusement and matt's face lights up. See i knew he was obsessed. "Uh and how do you make this so called 'pizza'?" My dad asks. Raising an eyebrow. "Ok so first-"

The pizza had been in the oven for a while and all of us had started to get restless, who knew human food took so long to cook? The smell teased us but we waited, not wanting it to be undercooked. my dad checked it and as to my description of what it should look like, it looked perfect!! He took it out and both of us practically drooled over it. he cut it and i immediately snatched a slice, matt followed my steps and also snatched a slice. We both took a bite and it sizzled in our mouths. "OW OW OW" I yelp as my mouth fills with heat. Blowing the air out of my mouth to try and cool it off, I glance over to matt and he is doing the exact same thing. swallow and try to ignore the burning bite slowly making its way down my throat. giggling fills the room as we both grab plates and pile peices onto them. My dad smiles fondly and grabs a few slices. as we all sit at the table I peek over at my dad. he gives me a knowing look and my face immediately heats up, blaming it on the pizza I stare at my plate. "So.. mattholomule" He starts. i look up at him startled and beg that he doesn't say what i think he is going to say.

"What are some must-haves for you in a relationship" he smirks. I put my face in my hands, Too embarrassed to even look. "Oh! Um.. well they have to be sweet, generally. they have to see the best in me no matter what, loyal, they have to understand me. Trust me. And.. OH! and he has to be taller than me" he answers confidently. My eyes widen in my hands. He?? DOES THAT MEAN I HAVE A CHANCE? maybe!- no. He doesnt like you. But i am taller than him.. "hm, sounds about right to me" my father states. What does THAT mean? What does he mean. I take my hands off of my face and stare at him with wide eyes. "What?" He smirks. "I was just asking." oh this is the worst dinner ive ever had. I dont feel like talking so i shovel more slices into my mouth and take a quick glance at matt. Who seems to be day dreaming. Or.. night dreaming? about this mystery boy. He shakes his head and continues eating.

Once we had finished and cleaned up the kitchen I asked my dad if we could go upstairs. Obviously he said yes, like always. but I always ask anyways. I grasp matts hand and take us up to my room. I take the opportunity, leering at him, "so.. whos the boy you like?" I try to act teasingly but this is actually hurtful to me. He lights up red instantly. "What? How did you know it was a boy?" he mumbles. "You said 'he' when describing the must-haves" I laugh. He looks down shyly. "Well. Im not telling you I'm not even sure if i do like him." he crosses is arms. A thought comes to mind. "Ok. If you wont tell me who it is.. then can you describe him? Even just a little bit?" Hope coursing through me I throw in some puppy eyes. Getting real close to his face so he can see it better. "Ugh! Fine, just get away" he giggles and pushes my face away. His face starts getting redder by the second. "Um. He has grey eyes and is in our year..is that enough?" Numerous thoughts and people come to mind. My heart suddenly skips a beat. I have grey eyes. no im sure its just a coincidence. "Ok one more question, what track are they in?" its not enough. I need to know who it is now. "That would give away way too much. But he is really strong and attractive and pretty and-" he realises hes rambling and stops. Face becoming red again. "Ah! Sorry!" He says guiltily. grinning, I tell him its alright. "How about we just watch a movie." I say, trying to change the subject to make him for comfortable. He nods and understands what I did.

we picked out a cute little animation movie. Unfortunately matt had fallen asleep within 20 minutes of the movie. on the floor... guess i will have to deal with that, i turn the movie off and stare at him, he looks so relaxed, I try to refrain myself from reaching out and tucking a loose strand of hair from the rest of his hair. Regrettably, i could not help myself, reaching out, I softly tuck the strand behind his ear. Without thinking I bend down and kiss his forehead. Once i had realised what i did i squealed. "oh my titan. No way did i do that" I whisper to myself, face burning hotter and hotter by the second. Im so lucky he didn't wake up. Since he's such a heavy sleeper... Im testing my luck here but maybe its worth it. i run my hands through his hair. Its so soft? I'll have to ask him what he uses.

suddenly his eyes open slightly and look up at my hand, well this is awkward. Instantly my hand shoots back down to my lap. "Um..! I can explain!" I stutter out. He seems too tired to be confronting. "Mm its okay. Keep doing that please" he mumbles and closes his eyes. Aww sleepy matty. My eyes sparkle. I decide to go to bed too but that would mean waking up matt since we have to move. I wrap my hands around his waist and lift him up, since hes so small this was easy. I place him on the bed carefully and smile. Proud I could do that without properly waking him. I jump onto the bed too and took what he said before into consideration. before i could do anything he motions for me to continue running my hand through his hair, by slightly sliding his hand onto his forehead. still quite sleepy. Pulling the covers up, I put my hand back in his hair. After hearing him sigh happily I smile and close my eyes. Continuing the motion. "Goodnight matty" I murmer out sleepily. He murmers something back but i don't catch it, too tired to ask what he had said, i let myself drift off into sleep.

Matt: (finally)

The morning light shone through the curtains and lit up the room. the first thing i had noticed was that there was something in my hair. I click my tongue, thinking steve put something in it again. then I look around. This is not my room. I reach up into my hair and feel a hand. My hand shoots back down and my fave goes completely red. Remembering what had happened last night, why would i ask him to keep running his hands through my
Hair? What is wrong with me. I hear rustling next to me and the hand on my head continues its motion. Almost like it was automatic. "You're so pretty" my eyes go wide. What did he just say? I turn quickly so he can see my face, oh.. hes still asleep? He must be dreaming about a girl. also sleep talking? "Mmatty." I feel as if im about to blow a fuse.

Quickly, trying not to make this any more awkward I tap him on the shoulder. Nothing. I tap him again, He stills, then his eyes flutter open. as if startled he flinches. "Sorry for waking you, you were sleep talking" I giggle. he looks confused, "what was i saying?" He asks, clearly not remembering the dream he was just having. "You said 'you're so pretty' but then separately you said my name." His eyes go wide. "Oh yeah. Haha there was someone else there and you were annoying us" he says clearly lying. I smile. "Sure.." I chimed flirtatiously. then cleared my throat. And looked away. I pulled the covers down and stepped out of the bed. "What do you want to do today?" He asks me, I think for a moment. Then realise its the weekend. "Why dont we go check up on the ruins?" I raise an eyebrow. He seems to realise its a saturday and his eyes light up. "And.." I start. Embarrassed to ask for this. "Can you maybe teach me a few more illusion tricks.?" I smile, looking away feeling the tips of my ears heat up. Hearing a gasp i quickly look back. He's beaming. "Yes!!" He exclaims and i sigh in relief. "Cool." Theres an awkward silence. "Ok im gonna. Just. Change" he stutters. "Oh. Yep.!" I run out of his room and stand in the hallway. waiting for him to change.

——-
ALRIGHT. YIPPEE. THANKS FOR READING. sorry for taking ages.