─── HALLOWEEN SPECIAL ; a spooky night ♡

Start from the beginning

You flinched, then giggled. It was Hu Tao, dressed up as a ghost like she did every year. "Hello, Hu Tao."

"Boo!" She said again. Behind her stood Xinyan, dressed up as an 80's rock star. Her hair was poofed up and decorated with spikes, and she wore a leather jacket and wide-legged pants. Her red electric guitar was strapped across her back.

"Woah, you look amazing, Xinyan!"

She grinned and played a rock and roll riff on her guitar. "Thanks a lot. Y'all look great too!"

"Shall we stop by the Wangsheng Funeral Parlor first?" Xingqiu asked.

Hu Tao smirked. "You guys are in for a scare! We went all out this year."

You raised an eyebrow. "We'll see about that!"

─── ─── ☆: *. ☽ .* :☆ ─── ───

Hu Tao was right, the Wangsheng Funeral Parlor had gone to the extreme with the Halloween decorations. Cobwebs and spiders hung from the archways, and jack-o- lanterns were placed everywhere. Ghosts, skeletons, and a massive "DO NOT ENTER" sign decorated the already spooky building. Standing guard by the door was Xiao in a grim reaper's cloak and scythe, ready to threaten any children who tried to steal candy.

You and your friends decided to do a little prank. While Hu Tao and Xingqiu sneaked up to the candy bowl, you ran up to Xiao from behind and gave him a big hug. He yelped and turned around, but you had already run off, laughing along with your friends.

Your group went from house to house, asking for (and in Hu Tao's case, stealing) candy. Then you noticed a very long line in front of you. There were tons of people waiting to take the elevator up to the Jade Chamber.

"Hey guys! Look at this huge line! If there's this many people, the candy must be really good!"

"Plus, I heard Ningguang is the one passing out candy this year," Xinyan added. "All of 'em must be waitin' to see her costume."

"OOH, LET'S GO!!" Xiangling yelled excitedly, and rushed into the line. You and your friends joined quickly.

There were two tall men arguing in front of you. "Oh dear, I seem to have lost my wallet again," said a familiar voice.

The other man sighed. "What?! It's Halloween! Why would you even bring your wallet to go trick-or-treating?"

You smirked, already knowing who they were. You coughed loudly and the two men turned around. It was Childe and Zhongli.

Zhongli was dressed in a red hooded cape, while Childe had on a plaid shirt and wolf ears.

"Mr. Zhongli!" You and Hu Tao exclaimed at the same time. "Never thought you'd be one for trick or treating."

"Ah, hello Y/N. Director Tao. Well, Childe here has told me about Halloween in his hometown, and I decided to see what it is like in Liyue. And as much as this cape looks horrendous on me, I must say it is quite comfortable."

Childe grinned behind him. "Don't worry, Z! You and I are matching ☆"

As your group moved forward in the line, you saw a few of your other friends standing at the entrance to the elevator.

Ganyu was dressed in a lovely ice blue princess gown, a sparkly flower wreath adorned her Qilin horns. Keqing was wearing a cute purple skirt and cat ears, a bell necklace around her neck. And finally, your little friend Qiqi had dressed like a zombie (obviously), with bandages wrapped around her head.

"Hi! You guys look so cute!" You complimented. "Especially you, Qiqi." You patted her head affectionately.

She stretched out her arms. "Qiqi wants yummy candy..." You picked a handful of chocolate out of your bucket and put them inside her candy pail.