So I'm Dating a Sorceress

Start from the beginning

NotEnrique sat on her desk, next to her music player as he turned it off at the sight of her, smiling.

"Morning, Sunshine. Feeling better?" He said with a cocky tone Claire lightly glared as she composed herself, however, it didn't stay long after being replaced with a smile.

"So much better. I feel like I slept for a hundred hours last night."

"Right," NotEnrique dragged out, clearly having something to tell her. "And you weren't joyriding around town with your staff again?"

"Joyriding?"

"You left it laying around last night." He held out her closed staff, Claire's face full of confusion as it was clear she had no memory of waking last night.

"Weird, I always keep it in here," Claire stated, putting it in the safety of her backpack.

"I gots proof. Mr. Beary McBearface saw the whole thing. Turns out he's a nanny cam," NotEnrique held the stuffed bear, reaching into the back and revealing a long cord. "Found out on accident. I had to, uh, ahem- erase a lot of footage."

"That's what she said."

"NO!"

Claire's eyes were wide as she watched the small Changeling plug the cord into her computer. The feed of her bedroom had appeared, for a moment, Claire had been sleeping peacefully.

"This looks like a direct-to-video squeal, but it's real." Her body rose from the bed, her body arching in the air as the blanket slid from her form, that was until the feed had cut out. Only for it to return a second later, her eyes still closed as she sat up, leaving her bed, however, instead of walking, she had simply floated away.

A student pulled out their phone, turning the volume up as it played the Exorcist soundtrack, the student said nothing as they kept a stern look at the screen, the rest of the class eyeing them.

"Well, that's fitting." Toby shrugged as Claire glared lightly. She wasn't glaring at anyone in particular, however, she did not know what to think about the situation at hand, and it was clear her parents didn't either for when she glanced at them, they were frozen in place.

Claire couldn't contain her gasp, the feed once again failing before she reappeared, eyes open but discolored, her mouth moving but the audio was silenced, not catching what she had said before a portal opened, her body floating through the opening.

"I don't remember doing any of that." She slammed the laptop closed. "I can't deal with this, I gotta go to school." She grabbed her backpack, the staff dropping and rolling beneath the bed. She quickly dropped to the floor, lifting up her sheets to reveal a vast pile of signs.

Jim stared at the screen, trying to piece everything together as he heard his mentor gasp behind him.

"Morgana has been using Claire to weaken our defense!" Blinky cried out, "when I meet Morgana!"

"Tell me about it," Claire muttered. "I'm sorry for what I cause in the future."

Jim looked at her with a smile, holding her hand. "Claire, none of this is your fault, we'll save you."

Her eyes were wide and full of fear as she reached for her staff, only to gasp and drop it, already fearing the weapon as she lowered the sheets, leaving the object with the stolen signs. NotEnrique watched her leave, no longer supporting a happy posture, more hunched and defeated than when she woke.