"What are you doing?"

"I'm making way for you." I explained.

"No, no, you sit. It's your chair now." He says pushing me back around the desk.

"Pops..."

"I don't want to hear it. This where you belong." He says before taking the chair opposite me on the the other side of the table.

"Not until September. Remember?" I tried to get him to see reason.

"It has been yours for the past five years. I'm ready to go enjoy my wealth now Anderson. A time now for you to ascend the throne." He says with a desperate look on his face.

"Your board doesn't like me." I say after awhile of silence between us

"They don't like me much either." He said with a shrug.

"Stop making excuses Dan. You have been training for this all of your life. You know the company inside out and you could lead them with your eyes closed. Nobody else deserves this more than you do." He implored.

All of this that he was saying was true.

I have been groomed for this role all my life. It's just now that I have it, it's not as satisfying as I thought it would have been.

My priorities have changed.

"Pops..."

He raised his hand stopping me immediately.

"Mi nah accept nuh more excuses Anderson. Yuh know a thats why yuh deh yah. It's time."

——————
"We should get some lunch." Pops declared.

I checked the time on my watch and my eyes widened.

It's almost 3pm.

Moms soon ready to go home.

Lunch cya gwaan right now.

"I can't right now. I actually have to leave." I say, shutting down the desk top.

My dad looks confused.

"I thought you were spending the day with me." He asked and I shook my head.

Him nuh know bout my living situation and I don't plan to get into it at the moment. I just know that I need to get to St Mary in the next hour.

A some bad man driving ago gwaan yah now. Mek me all texts moms and mek she know where I'm at.

The idea to come to the office today was totally spontaneous. Never plan it enuh.

"A next time we can do that. I have to go now." I tell him and he nodded.

"So, tomorrow then?" He asked instead.

This yah man yah a sample enuh.

"Mi nuh really know bout that enuh." Is a package mi really come collect and seh me ago kill some time over here.

I have other shit that I'm working on that needs my attention.

Money affi mek everyday.

"Come back tomorrow, I wanna talk to you about something." He says with an intense stare.

I nodded my head before walking out of his office.

Passing his soon to be terminated secretary chatting with another lady at her desk, I shook my head.

God know me hate people.

————-

"The man seh yuh fi farwud my yute." Fabian says, making me shake my head.