Chapter 2: DWTS Fan

Rory's POV:
I have always loved watching Dancing with the Stars as long as it's been on. My friend Allie and I always watched it together, cheering on the people we liked and booing the people we didn't like. We loved when they did Disney night because of seeing what everyone dressed up as and hearing the songs especially if it was movie from our childhood. I remember seeing pro Alan for the first time, I was sitting on the couch watching DWTS when he appeared on the tv. I took one look at him and felt my jaw drop open saying to Allie "Oh my gosh Alan is cute!" He stood there with his head full of dark curly hair and a huge smile on his face that made you smile as well. Allie of course responded with "Okay you can have him, I call dibs on Derek Hough." I mean Derek is a good dancer and all but he's not as cute as Alan. (Sorry Derek.) When DWTS season came around I looked forward to it so I could see Alan! Fast forward to present day, I am 27 a single mom to a five year boy named Toby taking college classes and getting by with what we have. I remember getting the call, I thought it was odd that they were calling me considering that I'm not even famous or a dancer. I've never been coordinated enough or even have regular dance floor moves. The producers wanted to try something new and have someone who wasn't famous in the mix and see what would happen. This had always been a dream of mine and today it was officially coming true. Once I agreed, they gave me all the information I needed and I hung up the phone excitedly. I called my parents to give them the good news and to have Toby stay with them while I would be gone so he wouldn't miss school. "Are you sure?" My mom kept asking me. "Yes mom, you know this has always been my dream." I reminded her for the millionth time. "I know but what if it's not what you thought it would be." She replied. "I'll be okay, I am a big girl." I replied back." "Okay, we will be rooting for you here." She said before hanging up. I called Allie to give her the big news while getting information from Google. "You will probably get to meet Alan." She told me. "I know but I wouldn't even know what to say." I replied. "If you see Derek tell him I said hey." She said flirtatiously. "Oh boy." I laughed at her. I was so excited I wouldn't even be able to sleep. Toby was excited for me, he jumped up and down when I told him the news. "Yay mommy's going to be on tv." He said. I would miss him so much but I couldn't wait for this adventure.