"Oh sorry" Tommy mumbled while fidgeting with his fingers.

"I bet you are, because now when we get home you are cleaning the whole house." He seethed. "Anyway what do you think of this chair, because I like so of course you have to like it as well-"

Tommy blocked out what was being said or done and just mindlessly nodded along for the rest of the shopping trip. It's not like he can disagree anyway. ... Well technically he could, it's just that it would achieve nothing but a glare and rougher physical treatment later. And that's the last thing he needs, more bruises.

So he trudges through the shopping trip with his fakley enthused brother. At least till they get to the checkout line. Where a stuffed animal catches his eye. He quickly looks up at his brother to find him flirting with the cashier. The name tag says Goorge Geege Gogy? Tommy could care less. So, with childlike wonder he walks over to the toy. It's a cute, soft cow plushy. He brings it over to his brother, voice barely above a whisper and asks.

"Can I get this, please? I will work really hard for it! Anything, just please?" He begged, practically about to get on his knees and start kissing his brother's shoes.

But all Dream did was snort "What are you, five? Go put that back." And then go back to poorly flirting with the giggly cashier.

Trying not to cry, Tommy slowly walks to put it away. By the time he is finally able to set the toy down Dream has finished checking out and his now heading for the exit. If he hadn't turned so fast, he might have seen the toy vanish.

-------------------------------------------------

The moment they got all the stuff into the house Dream slapped Tommy. Tommy fell to the ground with a yelp from the force, barely catching himself on his hands. But before he could get back up dream roughly grabbed his face.

"WHAT WHERE YOU DOING?! ASKING FOR A TOY AFTER I ALREADY GOT YOU SO MUCH! YOU ARE THE MOST SELFISH UNGRATEFUL BRAT I HAVE EVER MET." Tommy was hanging from the grip while silent tears fell, he knew better than to be loud when he cried. But dream wouldn't stop.

"DAD AND MOM LEFT BECAUSE OF YOU." Dream said before picking Tommy up the rest of the way. Then hugging him.

"But I love you, I will always love you and never leave you alone." Tommy clinged onto Dream while he spoke, now fully sobbing. Tommy was happy for this touch, even though it cost him.

"Everything is going to be okay. Big brother Dream is here to protect you." Tommy said nothing, not wanting to ruin the moment and cause Dream to hit him again. He just had to be better, yes, he did something wrong and now dream was teaching him how to be right. But all good things end, and this moment is not exude from that rule. Because all too soon, Dream shoved Tommy out of the embrace.

"I've got to go now TomTom, but I'll be back later. If the house isn't clean when I come back then you're not getting supper tonight. Bye!" With that Dream turned, opened the door, saluted, and left.

______________________

"THAT BASTARD" The brunet yelled while hitting the wall. Not hard enough to break it mind you but now he can store a cup in the wall, priorities. "WHO DOES HE THINK HE IS?!!"

"IS EVERYTHING ALRIGHT IN THERE MATE!??" "YOU OK?!?" The scaled man heard from across the house. But his mind was too far gone at  this point to even try to register what his family was saying. It all just sounded like static. He was about to break his way through the door to go get the child. Suddenly he was brought to his senses by a harsh smack from his father.

Blearily looking up he croaked "Dad?" The winged man smiled down at him, bit you could see the underlying worry from miles away.

"What happened?" the blond asked looking around at the now partially trashed house. His brother crouched on the other side of him huffed his agreement at the question.

"He- Dream- he - he hit our songbird." He said starting to get pissed off again. And from the looks of it, his family wasn't doing much better.

"He what." His father seethed, the room getting darker and darker while he grew taller and taller. Soon the only visible thing would be his brothers glowing red eyes.

"T̶͔͕͓̘̪͆̕ę̵̢͇̯̩͖͎̳̹̜̯̼̥̳̗̟̮̥̳̫̊͛̄͋̀̅͜ͅć̸̢̛̛̛̝̗͇̗̝͙͐̐̿̋͌͂̑̏̂̓̀͑̔͛̊͆͂̃͘͘͝͝͝h̵̨͎͚̳̞̳̫̹̭̯̰̰͓͉͓̖͇̗͙͑͗̓̌͂̽̽̏͐̅̎̊̄͑͆̅̊̓̓͘͜͝͝n̸̨̨̨̠̳̗̗̟̝͓͍̰̫̘̺̩̰̬̜̼̬̹̼͙̩̱͑͆̈́̀͌͋͛̿̚͜͜͠o̴͎͓̯̺̞̠͙̬̘̰͂̂̈̍̿͗̈́͛̆̄́ͅ W҉i҉l҉b҉u҉r, my sons. " He the ancient one spoke at last. The now slightly volatile hoglin hybrid growled while the siren chirped.

"Begin luring him at once. Then the moment we have him. We will rip this Dream fool to shreds."

Word count- 1400