Chapter 12: The Point of No Return

Start from the beginning

"I have come here, hardly knowing the reason why..."

She made her way behind him, slowly running her right hand over one of his shoulders, to the back of his neck, to his other shoulder, and down his arm to grab his hand.

"In my mind I've already imagined our bodies entwining, defenseless and silent..."

She turned her back to him as she stood in front of him, running guiding his hand with hers from her stomach, to her chest, back up to her neck.

"Now I am here with you..."

She moved away, Erik fighting himself to grab her and pull her to him again.

"No second thoughts..."

She slowly made her way back to her previous spot, swaying her hips as her back was facing Erik.

"I've decided..."

She turned her head back to him, having to hold back a gasp at how dilated his pupils were.

"Decided."

Keeping her eyes on his, Eveline began to make her way to one of the spiral staircases on the stage, Erik walking towards the one on the opposite side, female dancers replacing the male ones.

"Past the point of no return - no going back now. Our passion play has now, at last, begun..."

The pair never lost eye contact as they walked up the staircases.

"Past all thought of right or wrong - one final question..."

Eveline paused on the stairs, leaning towards Erik, lust and passion filling her eyes and making his heart flutter.

"How long should we two wait before we're one?"

As they continued to make their way up the stairs, the adoration in their gazes never faltered as they stared at each other.

"When will the blood begin to race, the sleeping bud burst into bloom? When will the flames, at last, consume us...?"

Once they made it to the top of the stairs, the male dancers came out on stage, dancing with the females as the two slowly walked towards each other, singing in unison.

"Past the point of no return, the final threshold..."

As they met in the middle, Eveline placed her hands on Erik's chest, his resting on her hips before he took her hand and gracefully twirled her around, his front to her back.

"The bridge is crossed, so stand and watch it burn..."

The two held each other in a loving embrace, Erik's hands over Eveline's and they caressed her body.

"We've passed the point of no...return..."

Eveline's eyes fluttered shut as she relished the warmth of his body. She could stay like this forever.

"Say you'll share with me one love, one lifetime... Lead me, save me from my solitude..."

Her heart fluttered as Erik began to sing softly, running his hands gently over her neck.

"Say you want me with you here...beside you..."

Her eyes opened as she turned to face the man her heart burned for. He took her hand in both of his, holding it close to his face.

"Anywhere you go, let me go too..."

Eveline smiled brightly at Erik, who leaned his head forward to rest his forehead against hers as one of his hands moved to hold the back of her neck, their eyes never leaving each other.

"Eveline, that's all I ask of—"

All of the sudden, they were forcefully ripped away from each other.

"No!" Eveline shouted as Raoul, from behind Erik, removed the black mask from his face.

The audience and cast gasped in horror at the Phantom's face. Eveline turned to see who pulled her away from the man she loved...

Only to be met with the chocolate brown eyes of her sister.

"Christine, how could you!? I trusted you!" She wailed as she thrashed in the brunette's arms.

Christine said nothing, only holding her sister back with silent, guilty tears running down her cheeks.

Erik managed to break free from Raoul, and Eveline reached a hand out to him. He took it, pulling her from her younger sister and into his arms.

He unsheathed the sword on his hip, slashing at a rope supporting the giant chandelier. He then kicked a nearby lever, which opened up a trapdoor beneath the pair, causing them to plummet as chaos ensued in the Opera House.