Chapter 12: The Point of No Return

Почніть із самого початку

She could hardly believe her ears as he continued.

"You have come here in pursuit of your deepest urge, in pursuit of that wish, which till now has been silent..."

Eve turned her head to look at the man who made her heart race, watching as he brought a finger to his lips.

"Silent."

Goosebumps bloomed on her flesh as the moment truly sank in.

He was singing this song to her.

Not simply acting as Don Juan disguised as Passarino.

But Erik Destler proclaiming his passion for Eveline Daae.

"I have brought you, that our passions may fuse and merge - in your mind you've already succumbed to me, dropped all defenses, completely succumbed to me."

Oh, and she had succumbed alright.

"Now you are here with me."

Yes, she was.

"No second thoughts."

None whatsoever.

"You've decided..."

Yes... yes she had

"Decided."

Her eyes didn't leave his as she stood, Erik, making his way closer to her, the silhouettes of the male dancers gliding across the backdrop.

"Past the point of no return- no backward glances. Our games of make-believe are at an end."

Eveline's breath became heavy as she watched Erik circle her, a soft smirk blooming on her lips.

"Past all thought of "if" or "when" - no use resisting. Abandon thought and let the dream descend."

Her heart leaped into her throat as he rushed up behind her, gently placing his right hand on her neck, and his left settling on her waist, singing directly in her ear.

"What raging fire shall flood the soul? What rich desire unlocks its door?"

His left hand trailed up her arm as his right moved to her shoulder, both coming together to glide down the flesh of her arm before he grasped her hand.

"What sweet seduction lies before us?"

Her eyes never left his as he reluctantly pulled away from her.

"Past the point of no return, the final threshold - what warm unspoken secrets will we learn beyond the point of no return..."

Eveline ran her tongue over her upper lip, a smirk forming slowly as the male dancers exited the stage.

If he was trying to fluster her, two could play that game.

Eve lolled her head back, silently noting the way Erik's gaze ran over her neck as she began to sing as sensually as she could.

"You have brought me to that moment when words run dry, to that moment when speech disappears into silence..."

Turning her head back to Erik, she ran her index finger over her mouth, gently tugging on her bottom lip in a teasing manner.

"Silence..."

She bit back a smirk as she noticed Erik's breath quicken. She started making her way toward him at a pace Erik thought to be painfully slow.