I Almost Stab My Friend

Start from the beginning

"Y/n?" I asked in confusion.

And suddenly barreling past me came Annabeth. Who charged headfirst dagger raised as she launched herself at Y/n. Who barely managed to dodge the blade as he got tackled to the ground. Knocking his dirk out of his hand as Annabeth sat on top of him. He tried to put up his hands in defense as she raised her knife. And I wasted no time in jumping back up and running over.

"Annabeth!" I yelled as I pulled the dagger a way from her.

"What? What!?" She yelled back.

"It's Y/n!"

She shot a confused look back at me before shifting her gaze back down to the person under her. Quickly seeing Y/n's familiar face through the darkness around us.

"Hey Annabeth. Mind getting off of me." He said while struggling to breathe.

"Oh whoops." She said while pushing herself up. Y/n quickly following after that.

"Sorry." She apologized.

"It's fine. You're just heavier than you look."

She promptly replied with a slap across his face. While I tried to stifle my laughter. But as Y/n was rubbing his cheek she quickly pulled him in for a hug. Which she held on to a bit too tightly.

"Lungs Annabeth. Need to breathe." he managed to spit out.

"Oh sorry." 

She pulled out. And Y/n looked back at her smiling lightly.

"Stronger than you look too."

And Annabeth returned the sentiment. Smiling warmly in reply as she took the compliment. I was about to speak up myself but suddenly there was the sound of wings flapping and the familiar sound of a bleating goat.

"I'll save you guys!"  And soon we saw Grover with his flying shoes carrying him through the air as he barreled down on us. Branch held in hands as he flew at Y/n.  To which he promptly raised his hands to protect his face. But Annabeth soon stepped in front of him as Grover managed to halt his flight.

"Grover stop!"

She said as he landed on the ground. Letting the branch drop to the ground.

"What?"

"Everything's okay man." I replied.

"But everyone else was fighting."

Y/n quickly stepped in front so Grover could see him more clearly in the dark. "Sorry, man. If it's any consolation you're still the best goat flyer I've ever seen."

"Y/n?"

"Yeah, not dead apparently." he replied.

I looked back over at him too. "Speaking of which." I continued. "Not cool man. Attacking us while we were trying to save you."

"Well sorry. But shockingly I wasn't thinking straight. I just got torn apart by a Chimera then promptly plummeted to my death. Only to wake up in a hockey bag in an abandoned amusement park. So excuse me if I though I was being kidnapped or murdered by a serial killer."

"Why would a serial killer bring you to an amusement park?" Annabeth asked.

"I don't know I'm not a serial killer."

"That's debatable." I replied. "Cereal killer seems pretty likely to me. I've seen you tear through some Cheerio's boxes at breakfast. You downed them faster than Mr. D with a Diet Coke."

"Ooh. Must be pretty close though." Annabeth added.

And we all took a moment to look between each other before breaking out in laughter. Taking a moment to revel in that calm joyful moment in the midst of this less than stellar quest.