Chapter 2 - A Strange new acquaintance

Start from the beginning

"That was close, huh?" A voice said next to him, making him flinch and almost fall down the tree, but luckily he was able to regain his balance before anything could happen. He breathed fast and clutched his chest. His heart was racing from the fear he just felt. The fall wouldn't have killed him - probably - but it Most certainly would've hurt him bad. He maybe even would've broked a bone or two.

"Uhm, are you okay...creature?" The voice said again. Right, there was someone with him up here. He slowly turned his head, ready to see the greatest monstrosity ever, but instead there was a newt. A blueish newt, wearing clothes and with hair? Confused he just tilted his head. Where the fuck did he land?

"What the fuck." Those were the only words he was able to say in that moment. He looked at in in disbelief, confusion and a little bit of...horror? He just couldn't believe his eyes and ears. A Salamander, that walks on two legs, wear clothes and can speak?! He was fully on board with huge insects, earth had them in the past, but talking amphibians? Nope, that was almost too much for him.

The newt tilted her head and continued to look at Yn through curious eyes. No one of the two talked for a few Moments until the salamander spoke up.

"Uh, hi", she said with a little wave. Her tail twitched a little behind her. "I'm Sarah, and you are?"

Yn still looked at her in disbelief. The more she talked, the least he could believe it. But he couldn't just stare right? So he shook his head and answered: "I am Yn..." His voice still was a full of a little doubt. But it was not cool to not answer.

"Nice to meet you, Yn", Sarah said happily and smiled at him. Yn narrowed his eyes at her.

"Are you the one that ran from this huge mantis?" He asked and wanted to grab his little bag of food, but realized he didn't have it anymore...He must've lost it while running.

"Yep", Sarah replied, "that was me. You ran away as well, right?"

"Yes, because you had to lead it to me. Before you say anything; Yes, you probably didn't mean to, but you did", Yn complained harshly and then went to climb down the tree.

"Hey, wait", Sarah called out, "don't you wanna know why I'm here in the middle of the forest, alone?"

Yn looked at her for a moment. "No." He then simply said and climbed down the tree. He jumped down the last bit and grunted when his feet touched the ground. He really didn't wanna ne an asshole, but she did put him in danger.

"Oh, come on!" Sarah said, and followed him down. "Shouldn't we get to know eachother? Isn't this how this works", she asked, "atleast the books I read said that." She muttered as she began to follow him.

Yn sighed and rubbed his forehead. "Alright" he said. He knew this kind of people and therefore, that she wouldn't shut up about this, "why are you here in the forest?"

"Well, I - and a few other newts - were sent her one a quest to get some stuff! But then the Mantis came and we got seperated", she told him, while catching up. "Now that I think about it, we had someone with us, who looked like you? Well almost, she was a little more fiminine and nicer than you."

Yn hummed desinterested. He didn't really care about what she told him...Until he realized what she just said. He stopped in his track and looked at her. "Wait a second. There are other humans here?"