Chapter 4: The offer

*Five days later*

Alyssa returned from the river where she had her clothes washed. She still wore the black cloak and the hood over her head so no one would recognize her.

Inside the small cellar that she now called home, Mysaria was waiting for her. Ever since they agreed upon helping each other, Mysaria hasn't stepped a foot back in here so it was fair to say that Alyssa was surprised.

The northen girl pulled her hood down and looked at the beautiful woman standing before her. This time, her hair was pulled back in a ponytail and she wore a white dress made of silk.

"Mysaria? Is everything alright?" Alyssa tilted her head to the side.

"The King, he wants a whore from the brothel to enjoy himself." Myseria hesitated for a bit.

"What is it?" Alyssa asked, worriedly.

"He doesn't treat the Queen right. His tastes are rather... harsh when it comes to this." Mysaria explained, looking down at the ground, remembering the days when she, herself, was mistreated.

"How may I help?" Alyssa remembered the face of Helaena and how miserable she felt with Aegon. Amongst all the people at the court, the young Targaryen woman was the purest. She deserved nothing but happiness but she was unfortunate enough to be born in a greedy family.

"There isn't much to be done. But I'm worried about my sisters. The women who were forced to work at the brothel or the ones that were sold. I do not want to know what fate awaits them." She said, sadly. "He is a sadist."

"He won't live long enough to enjoy the misery he causes." Alyssa said with a disgusted look on her face. "They think that having dragons puts them above people, perhaps they forgot that they bleed the same." She scrunched her nose.

"I received a letter, for you." The woman remembered the reason she came and took out of her sleeve a rolled piece of paper that came with a raven.

Mysaria grabbed Alyssa's hands and placed the piece of parchment on them. It was tied with a black, silk, ribbon which she assumed would be from Dragonstone.

Alyssa unrolled the parchment and read the black ink that was plastered on it.

Alyssa,

As your father declared his loyalty to Rhaenyra Targaryen, the rightful Heir and Queen to the Iron Throne and The Seven Kingdoms, you are to follow him in his allegiance. You will represent House Stark in King's Landing and will also be in the command of the Golden Cloaks cause I, Daemon Targaryen, will make you the new commander of them. They are still loyal to me and now, to you. We offer you full support as long as you offer us yours.

Daemon Targaryen, Prince consort.

"You've read it?" Alyssa asked.

Mysaria nodded her head. "It's true, the Golden Cloaks are still loyal to the Prince. They tried to kill the King during his coronation, when the beast almost burnt them alive. They were there, trying to close the doors and prevent them from escaping but sadly, that woman lacked strength."

"Are you saying that I should assasinate the King and use the Golden Cloaks to escape?" Alyssa smiled wickedly, suddenly, the plan becoming more and more endearing.

Mysaria looked at the girl, perplexed. No one would have guessed that under that pale skin, under those freckles and those beautiful, baby blue eyes was hidden such determination and ruthlessness. Starks were well known for avoiding conflicts, negotiating and having empathy but it seemed like not every Stark was like that.