five : he lied?

Hana's P.O.V

I don't even know how long it took me to get to the convenience store. All I know is that it didn't take me long to arrive. I pursed my lip, recalling the moments from earlier. Gosh, I didn't mean to shout at him. And I definitely wasn't planning to call him a prick. What's wrong with me? I don't usually say stuff like that.

I entered the store, greeted by Sunoo with an unimpressed expression. "Look who it is━ the traitor."

I rolled my eyes. "You're being so selfish right now. I clearly told you to go home."

"You could've asked him to go home instead." He pressed.

"It doesn't matter!"

"It matters, Hana. It does,  okay? What if you find a new friend? And then what? You're going to forget about me, and it'll all be like seventh grade again."

I froze.

"Sunoo..."

"Don't give me that look. I'm not pitiful, okay?"

I sobbed before lunging myself at him for a hug. "Why would you ever think that way? I wouldn't dare replace you for anything in this world, and you know that!" At this point he started crying too.

"T-then why are you hanging out with that punk? I really thought he was your boyfriend."

"You got it wrong. He's just a client. He takes piano lessons from me for his music class."

He pulled back from the hug. "He's an athlete right? Athletes don't have to attend music class since he's already participating through sport."

So Ni-ki lied? Why?

"I think you got it wrong... He specifically said he needed to get his grades up." I pressed.

Sunoo shook his head. "Honey, he lied."

"You don't know that. You dont't even know him."

"Oh, I know him and his dirty little tricks. He's Nishimura Riki━a playboy. His reputation with girls isn't the cleanest, Hana. You need to be careful around him."

Playboy. Reputation with girls. The library. Him flirting with me during piano lessons. I thought it was suspicious how his friends reacted at the cafeteria.

Why Ni-ki?