Chapter 24

Boo!

Happy early Halloween, even if Aussies don't really do it. Can't pass up free food :) Enjoy the chapter!

———

(Seven's POV)

Seven didn't stop running until he was a few more blocks away. His heart was pounding in his ears and tears were streaming down his face. He only stopped because his feet were growing numb. He turned around to face his friends and discuss a new plan of action when he couldn't find them. They weren't behind him like they were a minute ago. Seven spun around in a panic, hoping that they would appear when he next turned around but they never did. Tears filled his eyes again as he realised he was alone and didn't know where he was.

"Kirishima?" He called out, hoping that his guardian might hear him. He sat down into a ball and closed his eyes. He tried to think about what he should do when a chirp broke him from his thoughts. Seven looked up and spotted the bird a couple blocks away. His quirk! Seven jumped to his feet and darted back to where he thought he came from. The spinning had somewhat confused him.

Standing at the corner of the block, Seven shut his eyes and listened. If he could hear them, maybe he could track them down like he had been training to do. Dogs barked, cars roared but there wasn't any sound of his friends. Seven opened his eyes sadly, feeling very lost in this big scary world that he wasn't used to. He'd thought back to when he nearly did escape. Back on the Maw.

He was on the outside of the ship, watching as guests piled on. He didn't know why they had stopped but he found himself smelling the salty air of the surface and the cold winds through his hair. It would be so easy to jump off and return to land. Just one jump. No guest would even notice him. He could slip through the crowds and back to his home, if it was still there even there. But something stopped him from moving. It wasn't fear like all the other times so why didn't he escape like he had been planning to do so after so long? Before he could think another thought, the ship started moving again so Seven began his descent back into the bowls of the ship. He spared one last glance at the sky before ducking back into the shadows.

Seven snapped back to reality. He wasn't going to freeze this time. He closed his eyes again and heard a child playing.

"...Six, Seven,.." the boy counted. Seven knew what came next. Eight. But the boy didn't. The boy continued calling out the same numbers until Seven recognised the voice.

"Kirishima!" He cried out, running to the sound. Kirishima's voice got louder and louder as Seven ran towards him. Seven rounded a corner and crashed into someone.

"Watch where you're going-" they started bitterly but cut himself off. Seven stared into the eyes of Bakugou and tears spilled over. Seven tightly hugged him, relieved that he wasn't lost anymore.

"Get off!" Bakugou said, trying to shuffle out of his grasp.

"Seven!" Another voice called. Seven turned to see Kirishima bend down and scope him into a hug. "I thought I lost you, little man" Kirishima smiled as Seven returned the hug, freeing Bakugou. The rest of the students appeared behind him.

"Where's everyone else?" Kirishima asked when he noticed Seven's tear stained face. Seven stared at the ground guilty before speaking.

"I lost them, we got separated when the van chased us a-and now I don't know where they are-" Seven ranted but Deku cut him off.

"Van? What van chased you?" He asked. Seven explained the van and the strange people and how they chased them through an alley. They all stiffened when he explained what the people looked like.

"A woman with blonde hair and yellow eyes? And a man with a weird costume that spoke with two voices?" Momo repeated. Seven nodded. He didn't know who had been driving the van. Momo typed on her phone for a bit and then showed Seven.

"These guys?" She asked, showing him a picture of the same people Seven saw. He nodded and wiped his eyes. Momo's face sunk with horror. She turned to everyone else. "They've been taken by the League Of Villains".

(Six's POV)

Six awoke, not realising that she had been unconscious, and felt her head throb. Where was she? She looked up to see she was in a car of sorts. What really caught her eye was Mono in the front seat. He looked panicked and struggling to get away from something. He also didn't have his bag. Six felt her eyes close but forced them open again. Though her vision was still blurry, she could make out that someone was holding him down and holding something over his mouth. A clear mask. Six watched in silent horror as Mono's grip on whoever held him down lessened until his eyes dropped half closed as he continued to breathe in whatever the gas mask contained. Six felt herself slipping again and couldn't resist the urge for rest. The last thing she saw was Mono slowly relaxing and then darkness.

Six woke up again but didn't have the strength to open her eyes. Instead she just listened to the voices talking.

"Why do we need these kids again?" A female voice asked.

"Because we need them as a gift for Malakai, Toga" a raspy voice replied. There were a few moments of silence and then a groan from the same man. "We need to prove to him that we're worthy partners so we can form an alliance" he explained.

"So we're doing his dirty work?" Toga asked again, sounding somewhat annoyed.

"It is all for the bigger picture" the man replied, sounding annoyed at the chatter. More silence.

"Where are you taking us?" A quiet voice whispered. RG.

"You'll see soon enough," a third voice replied. RG whimpered in response.

Six felt the van stop and she mustered the strength to open her eyes. She was suddenly lifted into the air and more pain greeted her. She felt the back of her head and felt warm blood still steadily flowing from the wound. She grimaced at the sight of her hand all red. Six looked over the shoulder of whoever was carrying her to see a lady, Toga, carrying Mono. Six turned around to see another man leading them into a building with RG standing behind him.

Inside were a few more men but Six's vision was too blurry to make them out.

"Ah, you're back," a dark voice said.

"And you're still here" the man holding Six muttered under his breath.

"Malakai, we come bearing gifts," the first man said.

"I can see that, Shigaraki," Malakai said coolly and snapped his fingers. Six was handed off to someone else and brought over along with Mono and RG. He stared at Mono for a second, glaring at his features in a slight disgust. Mono was drifting in and out of consciousness but seemed entirely relaxed and calm. Next Malakai looked over RG. She flinched when he grabbed her face. He looked at her hair that was half undone and ran his fingers through it, untangling it all. He smiled at her long brown hair but it wasn't friendly. Finally, he made it to Six. Her eyes struggled to adjust to his face. He had grey hair that he wore in a small bun. His clothes slightly torn but otherwise okay. Scars littered his face and his eyes a bright purple. He stared Six down before frowning.

"Follow my finger" he instructed, holding up his finger. Six watched as he moved it back and forth but she struggled to keep following it at times. Malakai growled and turned to Shigaraki.

"I said I wanted them unharmed" he growled. Shigaraki didn't flinch.

"Don't be so ungrateful. She'll be fine in a few days and it makes her easy to transport. Same with the boy" he said coldly. Six flinched at the word 'transport'. Malakai huffed and turned to RG.

"And what, pray tell, are your names?" He asked, slyly. RG's lips didn't part as she trembled. "Speak child!" Malakai spat. RG winced.

"R-RG" she whispered.

"And who are you friends?" He asked, calmly.

"Six and Mono. What are you going to do with us?" RG replied, making eye contact at last. Malakai smiled wickedly and stood up, not bothering to reply.

"I guess they will do. You've held up your part, and I'll do mine" Malakai said, facing Shigaraki. The two leaders smiled at each other. Their plan was in motion.