9. You have a what???

Bad luck there...he wanted to have the same dish again.

But this time, he didn't leave the house. He stayed upstairs, while I took care of the kitchen. When I had to go upstairs, I could see him work hard on something. Even the major came for a visit and stayed till late at night. I served them...oh dear me...rat tea. Basically it's just hot water with a dead rat inside. I shuddered at the sight.

"Don't you feel well N/A? You look pale." asked me Jack suddenly.

"Oh no, not at all! Now if you excuse me, I got a kitchen to clean."

Once I was out of sight, the major smirked at his skeleton friend, "Where did you find this doll?"

"The doctor invented her, but then he had not use of a second doll, so he gave her to me. You should have tasted her cooking, it was marvelous...and she will make the same dish for me again tonight."

"If you ask me, you shouldn't keep her as a house maid. You should marry that thing."

Jack was speechless.

"You seem to have a thing for dolls, first Sally and now N/A"

Once Sally's name was mentioned, the skeleton protested, "Sally is my best friend and N/A...well...my house doll. Never mind that, we got other problems to solve."

And he was right; so far they haven't found a rightful candidate to replace Jack as the new king of Halloween Town. The major said that it was worse than a nightmare, when Oogie appeared and applied as a candidate. Right now it was one against none. But neither the major nor the pumpkin King, were surrendering that easily.

Once the sun has set, the major was about to leave Jack's home. But before he went out the door, I gave him a piece of my dish. He glanced at the skeleton behind him, "Think about what I said."

The rest of the night went quiet.

The only thing that bugged me was his continues glances he gave me. When I looked over, he turns his head away every time, pretending to work on something. After a while, I had enough, "Is something the matter Jack?"

"No, why?"

"You don't seem to be yourself tonight."

He hesitated, before touching his head, "Your right, ever since the major came, I have a massive boner."

"Come again?" I think I misunderstood him.

"I said; I have a massive boner."

I tried to suppress my laughter, "Could you please repeat it again."

He seems to be annoyed now, but did what I asked, "I have a boner, it has been bugging me lately...I can't get rid of it."

I covered my mouth, waiting for a minute before asking him, "Do you have it a lot when the major comes around?"

He didn't get the hint and stood up surprised, "Now that you mention it, yes...I always have a boner when he is around."

Suppressing my laughter was getting harder, as he continued.

"...maybe I should ask the doctor about it. It's so painful and takes a lot of time to go away....

I bit my hand now.

"...sometimes I have it all day."

I couldn't take it anymore!

Hahahahaahahahahaahahaahahahahahaahh!!!!!

He didn't understand my sudden burst, as I was laughing continuously on the floor.

"What is so funny? To have a boner is nothing to laugh at!"

Hahahahahahahaahaahahahahaahahahaaha!!!!!!

Instead of stopping, I got even louder.

"Wait till you get one!" he yelled now,

"...me...boner?...ahahahahahahaahahaahahahahahahaahahahahahaah!!!!!!!!

He had enough of this and sat on his bed, waiting for me to stop. Once done, he asked me to get him 'dried moss' from the kitchen. He took the jar off my hands and placed a piece into his mouth. "Will this work?" I asked, not trying to laugh again.

"This pain in my head...it got worse because of your laughing, but yeah it helps."

I started to realize something, "Wait a minute, with 'boner' did you mean, your head hurts?"

"Of course, what else did you thing I meant?!"

"Oh eh...nothing important."

Why did he just say headache, geez!!!!!