3

03 | 𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗻𝗱 𝘆𝗼𝘂, 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗶𝗻𝘀𝗮𝘄

Makima wasn't there. in fact, she was no where to be seen. Where the fuck could she possibly be? All you could hear was the panic of your subordinates around you producing sounds of fear and anguish. There was barely any of you left, yuzuru and yourself had been separated. Where is he? He said he would be by my side! It didn't matter anymore, he showed his true colours, he had ran away. But what did you expect?

Most people when in life or death situations turn out to be cowardly and selfish, it was rare for people to stand and protect rather to give into their fight or flight senses which was deeply embedded into humanity's nature for thousands of years.

The two people whom where closest to you physically where also attempting to flee, dragging half of the chainsaw devil's body into their van. There was an unstable figure in the distance, a woman.

Her voice trembled as she held a knife to her chest with a hunched posture, holding a walkie talker in her other hand. "You three... you're with them, the shooters."

You stood behind in front of katana and akane, immediately activating her snake tail ability as the noirette easily dodged and ran through it. Everything happened in a flash, before you could even blink she had sliced katana's arm off and taken his gun; that was when you felt an intense pain throughout your body, specifically your side. Your body jolted at the shot, you clutched your axillary area to try and attempt to slow the bleeding as you turned to face the woman while running for cover. Two more shots where made. She had shot katana once more and dropped the gun, akane quick to try and shoot her despite her dodging and using chainsaw for cover.

"Shit!" She cried out, dragging katana into the van. "Die inside the van!" She closed the van door as the woman shot at her even more, shattering the windows.

Your breathing was ragged which mad stour voice raspy. "Hey! What the hell are you doing? Don't just leave me here!" The van had sped off, and you where shocked. What the hell was wrong with them? Not only did you feel physical pain, but now a stab of betrayal. Whe had left you here to die and so had yuzuru, your so-called 'friend'. You wouldn't be surprised if he was the one driving the van. Your vision turned to the woman clutching onto the chainsaw devils remains. She had a nervous, panicked look in her eyes, shaken.

She pointed the gun at you once more, your eyes widened. Why the hell am I not using my own abilities? Am I really that shook and unstable right now? You brushed the thoughts as of why you hadn't used your abilities earlier to the side, you would put them to use now.

"Compression!" You managed to shout out, making the gun compress and cripple into itself, becoming a useless ball of scrunched up metal, cutting the woman's hand in the process which made her yelp.

"Who are you?" You demanded, you where getting fed of not knowing who she was. She fumbled once again at the aggression in your tone.

"Shouldn't I be the one asking you that?"

You scoffed at her response, is she serious? "Yeah, well I'm asking you, dipshit. So who are you and why have you tried to kill me and my subordinates?"

She took a breath. "You guys where stealing, you guys had shot our guys in their hearts and even killed one of us. The others are in critical condition as as you can see, they tried to abduct Denji here. Kobeni is my name, I guess I could tell you my name since you'll probably be coming with us—"

"Like hell I will! Im not going anywhere with you devil hunters, suck my dick!" Spitting at her, you sat up and attempted to try and stand again, only giving yourself more pain and having to go back down.

"Y-you would rather die here?"  Kobeni questions, sounding worried, but confused.

"Yes!" Footsteps where coming towords the two do you, but you didn't turn your head until you heard them talking.

"You're rather stubborn, aren't you? How about we get you and Denji over there patched up, hm?" A new voice filled your ears.

That was her. Satan.

Makima.

I apologise for really slow updates, I've had a lot of personal issues going on rn and I sometimes need time to myself and to work on myself as well as my personal life w my friends and family

Hope u enjoyed, rue x