Chapter 2 (Rewrite)

Start from the beginning

Carl sitting on his comfortable cream-white chair in his nice cozy room with a view of the outside world. He looked outside the glass and admired the beauty of the planet named Xerox-H43. The planet, although alien, looked so similar to humanity's cattle called 'Earth'.

He thought of what Melvin had told him when they first arrived. Carl wondered that if there was an alien civilization settled here, likely to be much more primitive than their own, how would they react to advanced technology?

Suddenly his eye contact alarm went off, alerting him that the obligatory meeting is supposed to start in a few minutes. After turning the alarm off, he got up from his chair and left his room.

He walked down the circular hall and entered the meeting room using a normal door. The walls, comprised a round white table, along with 6 white swivel chairs all with nameplates. Carl decided to sit on his chair and wait till the others arrive.

It only took 4 minutes until someone arrive. An engineer that went by the name of Ben Fritz. Ben was average 5'10ft man, with short black hair combed to the right with the help of some hair jell, hazel brown eyes, and a goatee on his face.

"Good Morning Dr. Carl. You are up early."

"Good Morning to you Mr. Ben. Have you seen the others?"

"Other than Martin, no. I haven't seen anybody yet."

"Where is Mr. Martin?"

"He is taking a shower in his room. It might take him time to come." Just then, the door opened as Melvin comes in wearing his uniform consisting of a long-sleeved shirt with the Star-Spangled banner etched on his top right left sleeve, white black pants, and leather shoes. The same as the other two were wearing.

"Good morning Melvin, I hope you didn't stay up too late," Carl asked.

"If I did, I wouldn't be here to present the results of the scan." Carl smiled at his answer.

"Sit down. It takes a while for the other to come." Carl responded. The others arrived one by one. First, it was Anna, then it was Martin Ashton, who was the other engineer among the crew. With short brown hair paired with brown eyes, he had a rather diamond-shaped face, giving him a strong jawline.

Finally, in came Dan C. Morgan, the medic of the crew. He had a round face, with deep blue eyes, behind a pair of plastic glasses he wore for fashion. His short brown hair was combed back giving revealing his forehead.

They all sat down at the table, and Carl decided it was about time they start the weekly meeting.

"Alright. It has been approximately 12 days since we arrived on this star system. As protocol intends, I will have to state the purpose of this current meeting, along with the following meetings down the line.

The meetings are there to establish better communication with the crewmembers. Everyone here is required to give status on the current objectives, and further details on the said objective to gain any help. Is that clear?" Carl asked. Everyone nodded their head in agreement.

"Good. Though protocol dictates that the scientists go first, as there has been no research facility built, we will skip to the engineers. Any status on your objectives?" Carl asked. Ben stepped up to speak for the both of them.

"Currently, we have worked to construct two domes a crew compartment, and a food production facility. At the request of Dr. Carl, we are currently constructing a research sector for the base."

"Thank you, Mr. Ben and Mr. Martin. Next up is Drone Operator; Mr. Melvin D Rogers. Rogers. Any status." Melvin coughed a bit, before speaking of what he found.

"As we arrived at the Ardon star system, a satellite had been sent off to scan the surface of the planet. On the first day, the computer picked up an anomalous structure on the planet.

I have informed Dr. Carl previously on this matter. He insisted to scan for any other structures such as this."

"Well, did you find anything?" Carl asked.

"According to my report, I did. I have currently discovered approximately 4,000 anomalous structures in total. Counting all variations of it." Melvin sends the crew multiple images to their cyber contacts.

"According to these close-up images of said structures, it is extremely likely that these are settlements. Live settlements filled with alien species with their own culture and political system."

"Damn. Sentient aliens huh?" Ben asked.

"Appears so. At least that answers the age-old question. We aren't alone in the universe."

"Do we know anything else about them?"

"Other than the fact they exist... no. We will have to send a drone down there to check them out. We would need to build a launch pad for drones if we want to check them out." Melvin turned to the engineers.

"How long will the research lab take?"

"About 5 to 6 days."

"We can send a drone down in about a month then."