Chapter 10: Masquerade

Start from the beginning

A bashful smile formed on Eve's lips, "I'd love nothing more, Madame."

Christine took a bit more convincing.

"You mean...our Angel is the Phantom?" the brunette asked her sister, her eyes wide with shock and a small amount of fear.

Eveline took her hands, "Christine, I beg you to understand. He would never hurt either of us. Buquet was...a specific scenario...that I have no reason to believe would be repeated."

Christine squeezed her sister's hands tightly, "Do you believe that?"

Eve nodded, placing her hand on Christine's cheek with a smile, "He's still the same man we've known since our childhood. Nothing has changed that."

Christine let out a long exhale, before nodding her head, "Alright. I trust you."

She then looked up at her older sister, a mischievous gleam in her eye and a smirk on her lips, "Now, are you finally going to tell me the truth about how you feel about our Angel?"

Eve squeaked out, looking at Christine with wide eyes, "W-what on Earth are you talking about, Christine?"

Christine giggled, "Oh, don't play coy with me, sister. I see the look in your eye when you speak of the Angel. It's the same as the one you always say I have when I talk about Raoul."

She squealed quietly, shaking her sister by the shoulders, "I believe that my big sister is in love."

Eveline quickly attempted to silence the excited ballerina, covering her mouth, "Shhhhhh! You know this place is full of ears! Christine, I have no idea what you're talking about."

Christine took Eve's hands from her mouth, "You do not need to lie to me, Eve. You have feelings for him."

Eveline turned away from her, placing her hands on her cheeks to hide her blush, "Just because I care about him doesn't mean I'm in love with him."

"But you are!" Christine insisted, before sighing, "If you wish not to tell me the truth, fine. I won't push you. But you know you can trust me with absolutely anything."

Eve turned back to the younger girl, "I know."

Christine hugged Eve tightly, "I love you, big sister."

Eveline couldn't help but smile as she hugged the brunette back, "I love you too, little sister."

So here she sat, one of her roses in hand as she gazed at her dress in the mirror.

Christine had chosen her dress for the event. It was a beautiful navy blue with jewels sewn into the skirt to look like stars, some even forming constellations.

She also decided to pay homage to Erik, a lace black mask covering the right side of her face.

The door to the dormitory swung open, making Eveline look to see Christine, her baby pink dress swirling behind her.

"Eveline, you look gorgeous!" Christine complimented, smiling at her sister.

Eveline was about to thank her and return the compliment before she noticed something sparkling around her neck.

Eve squealed, rushing over to Christine, "Oh, let me see the ring!"

Christine had previously told her of her and Raoul's secret engagement, and, even though she could vaguely remember the movie, it was so far from her mind she could barely remember any of the remaining portions.

Christine giggled bashfully, holding up the ring that hung from the chain around her neck.

"Christine, it's beautiful!" Eve awed, gently holding the piece of jewelry.