5. You Again

Magnus' POV
I go to the prison area of the Institute and I first see Adley, Jace and Alec.

"We caught him" Adley tells me and they move out of the way. "Engar and yes I know why he's after me... jealousy." I explain and they all look at me.

"Well I've been a more successful warlock than he has and he just keeps being pushed aside. It makes him crazy and lonely." I continue

"Still, you didn't deserve what he was doing to you uncle Magnus." Adley tells me, kindly and I smile at her. "I appreciate that little bug but that's who he is." I tell her and I decide to go in there and talk to him. He quickly looks up at me with his grey, short hair and grey eyes.

"Magnus Bane, long time no see." Engar starts with "Indeed, Engar"

"Your niece over there is quite fiery. She is also clearly protective of you. Since I came in here she hasn't stopped staring at me angrily. Same for your husband" Engar says to me and I turn around and that's exactly what they are doing but I can't help but smile at that. I look back at him with that smile.

"We're family, we protect each other, it's what we do. Especially Adley, I've never met someone like her in my 400 years. She's special" I say to him "Alec has just always had that take charge attitude that I love so much. It works for him"

"I've given up on love after my 800 years of living. I just have fun with people. I've still never let anyone take hold of my heart. Enough of sappy talk, let me continue my business here." He starts to use his magic and Jace and Clary thankfully grab hold of Adley around her waist and keep her safe. She would have been seriously hurt.

I use all my power I can on him but I'll admit I'm terrified. Engar has a bit of a dark side to him so his magic is stronger than mine in that way.

"MAGNUS BE CAREFUL!!" I hear Alec scream through the thundering sounds of the magic.

"You picked a sexy husband Bane, I'll give you that. He seems like a good kisser." That riles me up when Engar says that so only I can hear it and I get more powerful with my jealousy. I push my right hand forward hard and throw him against the institute's wall. Alec and Adley run by my side and help me stay up. I tried my best to keep the glass shield from breaking.

"Are you ok uncle Magnus?" Adley asks me with her eyes watery. "I'm fine little bug, it was just taking some work to get him." I assure her as I put my hand on her cheek. Alec hugs me tight and quickly and I try and get my balance because he was fast swooping me.

"I'm so glad you're ok. It was looking really intense." Alec says into my shoulder as I feel his hot breath on me. "I'm fine Alexander" I assure him and him and I look longing at each other as he takes my hand and squeezes it.

"Is everyone ok?" I yell through the cells. "Fine!" The guards all shout at the same time. "Good" I say in a whisper. Engar slowly gets up struggling and stares at Adley and she has a confused face.

"What are you staring at?" She asks him angrily "You're different than any other Shadowhunter. Well that's probably because your dad was raised by Valentine and he's your grandfather. He's your mom's father right? You better watch out for your mother than. Having an evil father can make you evil too. Your mom would make a perfect evil Shadowhunter." Engar riles her up more and her face is hot red and I can see her feet start to move so I grab her by both her arms as soon as she rushes forward.

"Woah, Adley breathe, he's nothing he's just trying to get into your head because he knows your the most protective of us. Just relax, he can feel your weaknesses. That's one of his gifts as a warlock. He was able to use a spell to feel others weaknesses in him to use that against people. So he knows a lot about you already. Just stay cool, ok" I inform her and she looks back to me after staring at him with dark eyes.

"That's right Shadowhunter, I can also feel that you are also one of the strongest young shadowhunters in this institute. Bane she has a lot of gifts. She can be very useful for a lot of things." Engar pushes me and I flick my eyes to him with my cat eyes.

"Leave her alone, Adley go back upstairs. Alec and I got this, go. He'll just make you more angry. Go" I demand her and she finally looks back at me and takes a breath. "Fine, just be careful, please." She says and I nod at her as she walks back up.

"I love her energy, she's fiery." Engar tells us and Alec walks up to him." Stop it"