CHAPTER TWELVE

Kirk and I agreed that I would stay at his place for one more night, I had quite enjoyed staying with him. Yes. The whole living situation wasn't the cleanest and there was always a foul odor occupying the kitchen but other than that I felt quite at home. I didn't even feel nervous to walk around the apartment. It became almost a second home the past couple nights.

Y/N - "Kirk?" I called him from the other room

KIRK - "Yeah?" he poked his head out from round the corner

Y/N - "I don't have a guitar to play the gig tonight, You think you could drop me at my apartment so I could go get it?"

He looked at me in slight confusion as to why I was asking him this question.

KIRK - "Don't be stupid. Wait here."

I patiently waited in the living-room for him to arrive back from his room.

Kirk walked back in holding a Marshal Mini Amp, A Lead, A handful of assorted guitar pics which looked like he stole from Guitar Centre, A Whammy Bar and a Fender Stratocaster.

KIRK - "Is this everything you'll need to practice? You can use the guitar tonight aswell."

Y/N - "Um yeah, Looks like it, Thanks"

KIRK - "No problem, You'll need to tune the guitar though, I've not played it in years."

He laughed and walked over to the kitchen, Grabbing a beer out of the fridge

KIRK - "You want?"

Y/N - "Yeah sure, Is it Budweiser or Corona you've got?"

KIRK - "Both."

Y/N - "Well. If you insist."

I walked over to him with a smug look on my face and took the two beers out his hands as he smiled at my joke.

KIRK - "Help yourself to anything else you want. Just go easy on the alcohol. Don't want you falling off the stage at your first show" he chuckled.

THE GIG

JAMES - "You guys ready?"

KIRK - "Yeah"

Y/N - "Think so"

CLIFF - "You'll be great. Don't sweat."

I smiled over my shoulder at Cliff which he returned. Out the corner of my eye I could have sworn I seen orange flames in Kirk's Eyes. He looked mad. Almost..Jealous?

LARS - "Well let's do this thing!"

We began walking out onto stage and plugging in our guitars, Lars sat behind his drums and James approached the mic

JAMES - "Hello Everybody!! We're Metallica!!"

As James shouted these words, the intro to 'SEEK AND DESTROY' started to play.

In reality, It wasn't even a full show, It was only around 3 songs then it moved onto the next band. But Lars and James had decided to take up the opportunity due to there being rumored scouts in the area who could book us a record deal.

3 MINUTES IN.

The Guitar solos were about to come in, Kirk looked over at me, Sweat dripping from his forehead, out of breath. I would be lying if I said my heart didn't skip a beat.

He gave me a nod. He was going to take the first part of the solo and I would do the other half, Hopefully giving us equal playing time.

SONG FINISHES.

The crowd erupted with shouting and clapping. They loved us.

NEXT SONG : MOTORBREATH

JAMES : "Now I'm going to hand you over to our new female guitarist, Miss Y/N Y/L/N! Who's going to melt your face with her guitar!"

This was probably my favorite song on the demo James had given us. It was really catchy and had a good beat to it, The crowd loved this one more than the last, I had never seen a crowd in real life so engaged with the band like us before. It felt like we were at a concert only it was confined to the small club.

FINAL SONG : WHIPLASH

James : "And if you haven't already noticed this guy by his good looks, This is our new male guitarist Mr. Kirk Hammett! Let em' have it Kirk!"

This was Kirk's favorite song on the demo, He got really into it and I couldn't help but stare, His faint abs glistening in the fragments of light, parts of his hair sticking to his face and watching him fling his hair back was like watching an angel dance. It was so surreal watching him play a song he was truly into.

END OF SHOW

JAMES - "You both killed that!"

LARS - "Yeah! You're like..perfect guitarists!"

Cliff - "You're really amazing guys. I mean it"

Y/N - "Why thank you" I said doing a dramatic bow which Kirk copied.

James put his arm around me and Cliff put his around Lars and Kirk. Walking back to our cars to go out separate ways.

JAMES - "Okay. Practice tomorrow at 11:30. Don't be late."

KIRK - "Got it."

CLIFF - "See ya later man"

Cliff and Kirk shook hands and Cliff gave me a hug. Yet a again I seen Kirk get a little uneasy about the interaction.

LARS - "Well, Goodnight fuckers!"

Y/N - "Night guys."

Kirk and I began walking back to his busted up car, Lifting up the trunk, we put our guitars in then began to drive back to Kirk's Apartment.

Y/N - "You were great tonight, You really killed Whiplash"

KIRK - "You think? I thought I messed it up"

Y/N - "Seriously? Don't be modest. Admit it. You where amazing."

KIRK - "Okay. Maybe I was quite good." He said, Looking over at me giving me a warm wholesome smile which I reciprocated.

KIRK'S APARTMENT

KIRK - "So I was thinking we could watch a movie or something?"

Y/N - "Yeah, sure! What you got?"

KIRK - "You like Horror movies?"

Y/N - "Love. Best genre of movies ever."

KIRK - "Tell me about it! I've got Nosferatu, Dracula, Night of the living dead or White Zombie"

Y/N - "Got to be Nosferatu"

KIRK - "Very good choice"

Kirk placed the tape into the TV then came and sat next to me on the couch, Like before, My eyes started to feel heavy around the 45minute mark of the movie, I could see Kirk looking at me in my peripheral vision.

He put his arm around me and pulled me close so I was lying on his shoulder, putting a blanket around my mid section and up over my shoulders. The last thing I remember was falling asleep in his arms.