Chapter 9

After all the general chit-chat questions about their journey and what not, the band where asked about their musical intentions and future. I may be a bit biased but they were selling themselves well and I would sign them in a heartbeat. Sat in the back of the room I was carefully listening to every word the men from the label company said without looking too keen. I forget what the men are called but I know the main man is Michael, or Mike for short. To show that I wasn't mentally critiquing every word spoken, although I was, I glanced around the office. Upon A Burning Body, Veil of Maya and I See Stars amongst others were featured on the walls of the office. All successful bands. One day Asking Alexandria will be on this wall of fame. Hopefully. Also around the room was a series of records hung with pride on the grey walls, an acoustic guitar leaning against a set of drawers and a desk which the band was huddled around.

"I'm not too sure if you are what we are looking for. You are a talented bunch but will you be able to sell out shows, commit to gruelling tours and be so ill that you are vomiting every five minutes and still get off your ass to play a whole gig.... I'm not sure" Michael stated, flicking through bits of paper with scribbled notes on. Blood started to boil inside of me. Glancing at the band who have worked so hard to get here, they all looked heartbroken and defeated. James was white while Sam looked like he was about to burst out crying. Danny slouched back in his chair while Cameron and Ben remained staring at the floor. 'Please fucking sign them!' I screamed in my head.

"Give 'em a chance" I spoke up. My voice was trembling but at least I was speaking. "Can't you put them on a trial or something. Promote them and see how people react" I suggested. The whole band and the three men all turned and stared at me in unison as I awkwardly bit my lip. The third man lowed his glasses to his nose but kept his eyes on me. Quickly looking over to Ben, I noticed how he had a huge grin on his face. I couldn't help but to smile back. This gave me a confidence boost.

"Well we don't just promote people and not sign them" the third man said, still staring.

"Look, I haven't known them that long but when I first heard their music and got to know them as who they are as people, I knew they had something special. Do you really think I would have wasted your or George's time if I thought they were crap?" I was close to tears. Tears partially of anger and partially of sadness and nervousness. I hate being centre of attention and I really wanted them to be signed. I spoke completely from the heart.

"I have made my decision Miss. I understand what the girl is saying..." Michael looked over his colleagues and then the five teenagers perched in front of him before speaking again. "Asking Alexandria is now signed to Sumerian Records and their single will be out in two weeks. Get writing and do not let me down" he sternly stated as my mouth dropped open. I'm sure the boy's mouths did exactly the same although I could not see.

There was a freak moment of silence before we were all shown the door. As soon as we stepped out, the six of us screamed like girls and all jumped onto each other. Ben and I's lips met as a few stray tears dropped down my cheeks. Honestly, I thought they were stuffed and wouldn't be signed.

"Let's get this mother fucking party on'" Danny screamed which caused us to get a number of angrily glares from other people in the waiting room. None of us fucking cared; Asking Alexandria, my boyfriend's band, has being signed to Sumerian Records! As we danced out of the building, I looked back to see Michael peering out of his office door with a huge grin on his face. I do not entirely understand why.

------------

Music blaring, alcohol poured down necks, James passing out - all typical factors of a party with Asking Alexandria. I was sat on one of the beds in Cameron, Danny and Sam's bedroom back at the hotel. Originally, we went out to a few clubs where shots were downed and Danny exploring many girls with his tongue. Somehow, we all stumbled back to the hotel. Even Danny joined us!

Slipknot was blaring through the stereo as James was sleeping sat up against the wall. Ben and Danny where talking, Sam was having a piss and Cameron was laid on the other bed. I hadn't drank one drop of alcohol. I was scared I would give into temptations but the lads are supportive me.

"Well while you pussys give up, I'm back out to find a couple of chicks!" Danny announced after throwing an empty beer bottle to the wall, letting it smash.

"I'm gonna go to the shop to get more beer" declared Cameron afterwards and Sam agreed to go with him. Ben and I were left in their room with a passed out James. Giggling, Ben grabbed a black sharpie he found in a set of draws and drew a penis the left side of his fellow band mate's face. Motioning me over, I joined Ben, sat next to him on the floor and took the pen from his hand.

"I didn't know you were left handed!"

"Well it's not exactly something you tell a person as soon as you meet them" I chuckled, "'hi I'm Jamie. I have a boy's name and I'm let handed. Let's date?'"

"Shut up" he teased, sticking his tongue out. "Anyway, make it offensive and fucking hilarious" he referred back to James' new piece of artwork.

I pondered for a moment before writing 'I love black cock!' on his forehead before colouring in the penis Ben drew. "Genius" he muttered, kissing my cheek while making me blush slightly.

"Well I do try" I grinned.

"Fuck I love you" half whispered Ben, his eyes wandering from my eyes to my lips and back again.

"I love you too" I spoke softly. I have felt this way about Ben for a while but I wasn't sure if it was all too quick or if he even felt the same way about me. I guess there is such a thing as true love at first sight right?

Shuffling slightly away from James, Ben was leaning over my body, our mouths connected. Slowly, his hands started to roam up my tank top and mine found his chest. He wanted to have sex. We both wanted to. His lips were so soft considering he his always biting his bottom lip. One lock of his messy brown hair tickled my cheek as he moved on top of me.

"Ben" I sighed, pulling away. I stared at the floor next to me, while my arms stroked his arm slowly.

"What's the matter love? Are we going too fast. We can slow down. Sorry" he spoke in broken sentences as his mind raced.

"No. No it's not that no" i reinforced. "It's just that" I sighed again as my cheeks flushed red once more, "I'm on my period".

"Oh" he laughed, looking relived.

"But as soon as its finished" I smiled and kissed him, "we will". We kissed again.

"Promise?" Grinned Ben, raising his eyebrow.

"Promise". We stared into each other's eyes as Ben continued to sit on me. He's actually not that heavy.

"Fuck my head" a loud voice from behind groaned, making us two jump out of our skins. "Ew get a room you two".

"Fuck off James" Ben gave him the finger, jokingly.

"I will... Where's my room?" He mutters, trying to climb to his feet, pulling a chair over as he does so.

"Upstairs" Ben helped. "I'll take ya mate" I was simply laying on the floor trying not to burst or laughing to him being completely oblivious to what is on his face. "Back in a minute babe" he winked, pointing to his own forehead as James wobbled out of the hotel room. As they left, Sam and Cam entered. Both laughing and looking confused. At this point I was rolling on the floor crying with laughter.

"He was passed out and I didn't want to miss a perfectly good opportunity!" I grinned.

"Welcome to the AA Family Jamie!" Sam smiled contently.