[ ✯ TWENTY ✯ ]

Start from the beginning

The fifteen-year-old teenager was allowed to sleep in, waking up around 9am before the doctors walked in to wake him up. He wouldn't be going to school for a week, the doctors told him, saying that he needed rest and to keep track of his medications. Apparently not taking them for a few days was noticeable in the blood tests that they took, although Y/N still doesn't know what they were for. Y/N wanted to ask why, but they didn't want anyone to assume that they were an amnesiac or having memory problems if Kazutora couldn't remember such a vital thing in his life. But then again, he could always blame juvie and say that they never actually told them what they were for?

Liking that solution, Kazutora spoke up before the doctor had the chance to leave his room, "What are the medications for? You know, the ones that I've been taking even while I was in juvie."

The doctor raised a brow, turning to face him once more, "They are to help stabilize your bipolar disorder, Mr.Hanemiya. Were you not informed of this?"

Kazutora slowly shook his head, thoughts racing in his mind upon receiving the information that Y/N was looking for, "No, no one told me anything about it. The nurse at juvie just gave it to me every morning. If they did tell me, then I probably don't remember. It's been a very long time."

"Ah, well now you know. I'm sorry that the communication wasn't clear with you." The doctor promptly apologized in the nurse's stead, giving a short bow. "Do you have any other questions?"

"No, sir. Thank you." Kazutora replied, concluding their conversation from there.

The doctor nodded, raising his head, "Oh, and just to let you know, there will be an officer coming by soon to ask you a few questions." Noticing the worried expression that Kazutora gave, he continued, "But don't worry, you are not in trouble."

That's not what I'm worried about, Y/N thought, "Alright. Thanks for telling me." Kazutora's mom. What am I supposed to say about her?

The doctor soon left, giving Kazutora the privacy he needed as Y/N began to think about the two elephants in the room. One, Y/N supposed that Kazutora having bipolar disorder wasn't too off the charts, especially with his noted extreme highs and lows with his emotions. It would also explain why Y/N was uncharacteristically emotional these past few days, simply assuming that the suffocating feeling that they felt before was nothing more than a continuation or worse result of the feelings that they were undergoing the day before (back when they were still at school).

But was that really the case? Were the chemicals in Kazutora's brain affecting the way Y/N thinks and reacts? Was that why Y/N felt so oddly out of it, why they provoked Kazutora's mother to the point where she hit him with a full glass bottle? Y/N didn't know, nor were they too concerned about finding out the truth now. Y/N didn't want something like a bipolar disorder to get in their way of things, so obediently taking the medication even if they weren't 100% certain if it actually does anything for them was the best course of action right now. Experiment over.

Now, for the second elephant, what the fuck was Y/N supposed to say to the police officer once he or she gets here? Y/N, for once, didn't want to lie about what happened, seeing as they had no reason to really defend someone that, once again, they barely knew. At the same time, however, they still had a guilty conscience present in their mind, knowing that they might single-handedly destroy all of the built-up efforts Y/N has done in order to restore the relationship with Kazutora's mother. They wanted to have a better relationship because that's what they thought Kazutora deserved. He didn't deserve to be treated so horribly— to be neglected by his own mother— but what else could Y/N do?

Sitting in the room, Kazutora stared out of the window, watching the birds fly by and mess around on the ground below. He was on the second or third floor— Y/N doesn't remember— giving him enough height to observe the area in full. As time passed by slowly, Y/N felt bored without any entertainment, and they were honestly starting to miss Shuji.