eighty-four

-"You've said far too much already

-
"You've said far too much already."
-

Now joined by Bruce and Rhodey, part of what used to be the Avengers flew towards their next destination: Wakanda. Sam was in the pilot's seat, Bruce looking around the jet as Steve approached Sam, talking to him from behind his seat, "Drop to 2600, heading 0-3-0."

"I hope you're right about this." Sam muttered back as he followed Steve's orders. "Or we're gonna land a lot faster than you want to."

It worked and they flew through a blue tinted transparent shield and saw the city of Wakanda. As they landed, Okoye, T'Challa and the Dora Milaje strode towards their jet, Okoye speaking, "When you said we were going to open Wakanda to the rest of the world, this is not what I imagined."

"And what did you imagine?" T'Challa asked.

"The Olympics." Okoye replied. "Maybe even a Starbucks."

Steve and Natasha stepped out of the jet first, Alina and Wade following close behind. Bruce pulled on his jacket as he mumbled to Rhodey, "Should we bow?"

"Yeah, he's a king." Rhodey answered, looking serious.

"Seems like I'm always thanking you for something." Steve smiled at the king as they shook hands.

Bruce cleared his throat and bowed at T'Challa, Rhodey looking down at him and saying, "What are you doing?"

"Uh, we don't do that here." T'Challa denied and Rhodey smirked at Bruce. "So how big of an assault should we expect?"

"Think worse than stinging your dick on nettles." Wade hummed, his hand holding onto Alina's hip as Steve looked at him in shock that he said that to the king. "Make sure you know what plants are next to you when you have sex outside. That is all I'm saying."

"You've said far too much already." Alina mumbled, patting his chest.

"Anyway, sir, I think we should expect quite a big assault." Bruce shifted the topic.

"How we looking?" Natasha questioned as they walked behind T'Challa towards the palace.

"You will have my Kinsguard, the Border Tribe, the Dora Milaje, and..." T'Challa trailed off as Bucky approached them with a new arm and longer hair.

"And a semi-stable 100-year-old man." Bucky smiled lightly.

Steve returned the smile and hugged his friend who hugged him back happily, "How you been, Buck?"

"Uh, not bad, for the end of the world." Bucky joked.

They made their way into the palace, Steve deciding that Wade should stay outside with Bucky and Sam. As they got to Shuri's lab, Vision was lay down onto a table and she started to scan him with the beads on her wrist. She opened her palm and an image of the stone in his head appeared.

"Whoa." Bruce muttered in astonishment.

"The structure is polymorphic." Shuri said.

"Right, we need to attach day neuron non-sequentially." Bruce said.

"Why didn't you just reprogram the synapses to work collectively?" Shuri asked.

Vision looked at Bruce through the corner of his eye as the scientist answered, "Because we didn't think of it?"

"I'm sure you did your best." Shuri mused and Alina smirked slightly.

"Can you do it?" Wanda asked.

"Yes, but there are more than two trillion neurons here. One misalignment could cause a cascade of circuit failures." Shuri explained. "It will take time, brother."

"How long?" Steve quizzed.

"As long as you can give me." Shuri responded.

Okoye's kimoyo beads trilled on her wrist and a small alarm sounded as a hologram of the earth popped up on her palm. It showed that something was getting closer to the shield around Wakanda, "Something's entered the atmosphere."

"Hey, Cap, we got a situation here." Sam said not a moment later.

Something went to slam through into Wakanda but it exploded as it hit the force field. Bucky looked up at it, holding his gun tightly, "God, I love this place."

"Yeah, don't start celebrating yet, guys. We got more i coming outside the dome." Rhodey explained as more of the capsules landed around the shield, shaking the crust of the earth.

"It's too late." Vision grunted as he pushed himself up off the table. "We need to destroy the stone."

"Vision, get your ass back on the table." Natasha ordered immediately.

"We will hold them off." T'Challa stated.

"Wanda, as soon as that stone's out of his head... you blow it to hell." Steve ordered.

"I will." Alina agreed.

"Evacuate the city. Engage all defences. And get this man a shield." T'Challa said, pointing at Steve who looked back at him with a small nod.

{755}

i'm very very sorry for the lack of updates, i've just got loads of shit happening, revision for gcse's and that and crippling mental health which is soo fun but anyway i'll be trying to keep updating this again when i can :)