𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘪𝘪.

Start from the beginning

"You remember there's the thing at Frank's house tomorrow for—"Jack's voice rang out as Harper looked up from where she was preparing his breakfast to his figure, he was adorned in a sharp blue suit, his hair styles to perfection.

Harper cut him off with a teasing smile wiped across her face. "For the new couple that's moving in, Alice has non stop spoken about it this week, she's the one that persuaded me to make my signature dinner party salad"

She stopped speaking when she noticed her husbands facial expression. "What?"

"It's just, Frank's not exactly the biggest fan of chicken, and I know that's a key factor for your salad"Jack explained as he rubbed the back of his neck softly.

"Oh"

Jack stepped forward and placed one hand on her waist, drawing her closer to his front, whilst the other moved to her cheek none, his thumb rubbing against it softly. "I know it seems small but I think these things add up when he's making decisions..."

"Jack, it's okay honestly, I'll switch the recipe up"she spoke, tugging on the sleeves of Jack's dress shirt she was wearing.

The moment was soon interrupted, a small tremor started to shake the whole house, Harper reached behind her, holding some dishes in place, whilst Jack grabbed ahold of the coffee cups that were shaking, making sure they were not to spill over the freshly cleaned surface.

"Sweet boy, that's the third tremor this week"Harper explained, fixing the dishes in place.

As she was about to speak again, her eyes landed on the clock, eyes widening as she registered the current time.

"Jack! Your going to be late, remember these things add up"she spoke, quoting the same words her husband had used previously, smiling when she saw him smirk at her.

"Well I better get going then"he grabbed ahold of her hand and his lunch box, dragging the two of them out of the house.

She pressed a longing kiss to his plump lips as he started up the engine of his car, as did all of the men in the neighbourhood, everyone leaving for work at the same time, returning home at the same time.

"I'll see you later, I love you"Jack grinned, plying with her bottom lip.

"And I love you"

Harper, as-well as the rest of the wives stood on the driveway of there homes, waving off there husbands, making sure to be ready for when they get back.

Making her way back into the house, the brunette girl shut the door behind her, making sure no one could see and softly pressed her hands against her stomach.

There was a slight bump, nothing too big that Jack or anyone else would notice.

She would be telling him tonight, she could only hope his reaction went well.

┏━━━━ ★ ━━━━┓
𝙰𝚂 𝙸𝚃 𝚆𝙰𝚂
┗━━━━ ★ ━━━━┛

"𝓐lice!"

The two girls eloped them selves in a hug as, the blonde and brunette as thick as thieves.

They moved to Victory a day after each other, and they've been as close with each other ever since, even there husbands Jack and Matthew were closer they worked together and were round every other weekend for a dinner party the other hosted.

"Oh Harp, it's been so long!"Alice cheered as she pulled away from the hug, leading her friend over to the sofa in her living room.

Harper laughed, playfully rolling her eyes. "— We saw each other last night, Alice, you silly girl"

"Can I offer you a glass of champagne? Don't tell Matthew but he only brought this bottle the other day when we went shopping together"Alice winked, reaching for the bottle of sparkly that was resting on the coffee table.

The girl tried to stop her heart from beating against her rib cage, trying to think of a clean excuse for not drinking.

"Oh, I better not, I'm still tying to get over my headache from last night"

Smooth Harper, smooth.

"Oh, okay, more for me I guess" Alice grabbed the bottle and started pouring some bubbly for herself.

"Anyway, I need to tell you about what me and Matthew saw on the way home yesterday"Alice broke the silence they were in.

Harper raised her eyebrows. "—What?"

"We saw Margeret, and she looked completely out of it"

"No way!"Harper gushed, eyebrows raised.

┏━━━━ ★ ━━━━┓
𝙰𝚂 𝙸𝚃 𝚆𝙰𝚂
┗━━━━ ★ ━━━━┛

𝓦ith a small glass of whisky in her hand, not for her for obvious reasons Harper awaited by the front door of there shared home, an eager smile on her face.

Suddenly, the keys started turning in the locks, and in walked Jack Chambers himself, dropping his brief case by the door, grinning to himself.

"Hi"

"Hi"

They spoke at the same time, Harper laughing slightly at the ironicness of the situation.

The way the spoke, seemed as if they had really missed each other during the day, which they had, a day when Jack was out working was horrendously boring. Harper handed him the drink, to which he took with a quick thank you being muttered.

"How was your day, sweet boy?"she asked, wrapping her arms around his neck.

"Boring, much better now"

He then pressed his lips against hers, smiling into the kiss.

"I've made your favourite, a roast"His wife spoke, breaking apart from the kiss.

Jack inhaled the air. "— and it smells amazing, my love"

Harper placed her lips into a small smile, her mind running wild as she grabbed ahold of her husbands hands.

"Jack, I have something to tell you"

He raised an eyebrow at his wife, lips pulling into a frown. "Is everything alright?"

Harper then proceeded to place his soft but much larger hands into her stomach, eyes welling with tears, she didn't know she was going to shed tonight.

"I'm pregnant"

┏━━━━ ★ ━━━━┓
𝙰𝚂 𝙸𝚃 𝚆𝙰𝚂
┗━━━━ ★ ━━━━┛