"She's in a meeting," Anna, Tracey's assistant spoke at the same time.

"Then I'll wait," Amara crossed her arms over her chest, "Tell them it's urgent."

Amara stood between her parents offices, waiting, she couldn't stop herself from pacing the short width of the window in front of her. She thought she knew what she was doing but she honestly had no clue.

"Amara," her mother's stern and strong voice made her look up from where she had been staring out the window.

She slowly turned around to see her parents both standing there, "Can we talk?"

"You have ten minutes," Tracy nodded, turning on her red bottom heels. Alexander looked at his daughter with a soft smile that Amara couldn't miss, before following his wife. She wanted to just hug him, she missed her dad, she just wanted him to tell her everything would be okay. 

Amara trailed behind her parents taking a deep breath as she entered the office, shutting the door behind her.

Amara stood facing her parents. They were truly the most intimidating people she knew.

Her mother's long black hair was slicked back into a low ponytail and the black dress she wore just added to the strong presence she gave off. The stern look of power she wore sent a chill down Amara's spin.

Her father stood beside his wife, in a perfectly tailored suit, his salt and pepper hair styled perfectly, he wasn't as scary as her mother but he still had the same powerful energy. And with them both staring at her waiting for her to speak she felt like a little kid again.

"I ended things with Kate," she didn't know what to say, everything she had planned went out the window. She just wanted her family back at this point.

She took another deep breath, "But that doesn't change that I'm," she paused, she had never actually said it out loud, things had just kind of happened with Kate, "I'm gay. I know you both have your feelings about that and that's okay but-"

"We've talked about that," Alexander stepped forward.

Amara couldn't dissect the tone in his voice.

"We both," he put his hand on Tracy's shoulder, "Accept you and love you. We reacted harshly, we shouldn't of kicked you out for just being you. You've done so much to make us proud. Until you told us about how we've been dictating you and your sister's lives, we just were trying to give you a better life then we had. We took it too far."

Amara watched her father speak in shock.

"And we're sorry," Tracy added, sounding sincere and truly sorry. Amara looked at her mother, she had never heard her mother apologize for anything, ever.

Amara's eyes started to involuntary water, she tried to catch the tears before her parents saw them, "I uhm," she tried to hold back her emotions, something she was extreme skilled at when dealing with her parents, "I want to come back and work for the company, if you'll have me after graduation."

"No," Tracy shook her head, but her voice was soft.

"What? Why not?"

"You deserve to follow your dreams, Amara. Your sister showed us the sculptures," Tracy smiled, "They're beautiful."

"My friend Jeffery works for the Met, he's willing to give you a job there after graduation," Alexander smiled, "And a full time spot in his gallery to showcase your work."

"But-"

"We've held you back for too long," Alexander shook his head, "Its just an option, but if it's not what you want to do we understand that. And we're happy to support you with whatever you decide to do."

"Thank you," Amara smiled.

"We love you, Amara, we've been shitty parents but we do love you and want the best for you and Thalia," Alexander spoke for the couple.

"You haven't been shitty parents," Amara looked at the both of them, "Everything you did was with good intentions."

"We've defiantly messed up a few times, that's for sure. Me especially," Tracy sighed, leaning back onto her desk in a more relaxed sense, "Now, why'd you break up with Kate?"

"I really don't know," Amara had spent the last few days trying to understand her actions.

"Sounds like there's someone you should go talk to," Alexander smiled.

"He can give you a few good ideas for a big 'I'm sorry' gestured," Tracy smiled looking over at her husband, reminding about their younger days, "Remember the month you sent me a letter everyday?"

"Oh god," Alexander sighed, his head dropping forward in embarrassment.

"Oh now that's a story I want to hear!" Amara chuckled.

"We've got a few more meetings, but will you stay for lunch?" Tracy asked, looking back at her daughter hopefully.

"I can," Amara smiled back.