Episode 21: Henry Danger The Musical Part 1

Start from the beginning

"I'm stuck in a song!" Mr Hart announced in a deep baritone as he burst through the door with an equally perturbed expression. He'd nipped out of the house on some errands, only to find himself belting out a ballad on how much he hated getting stuck in traffic, making him freak out and return instantly.

"There's a musical curse over Swellview!" His wife and daughter sang together in harmony, looking longingly off to the side as if searching for the few people they knew could help them. Or perhaps as if they were performing for an audience.

"Captain Man, Miss Danger, can you hear us?" They begged together as they circled the couch with their hands raised in panic, hoping the superheroes could hear them before their throats became sore or they collapsed from exhaustion.

"I'm doing this against my will!"

"Yeah! There's a musical curse over Swellview!" Mrs Hart chirped at Mr Hart as he ungraciously plodded around to the beat in their heads. It was never-ending and headache-inducing, but they couldn't stop performing for the furniture.

"This is so not chill!"

"There's a musical curse over Swellview! Hey, Kid Danger, did you hear us?" They chorused as Henry trotted down the stairs with a horrified expression.

Never in his wildest dreams had he imagined seeing his family strut and pose as if they were part of a West End show, but it was happening right before him. He knew he needed to get to the Man Cave as soon as possible so he and his friends could figure something out, but that meant he'd have to get out without them noticing.

But unfortunately, as he grabbed the door handle, they turned around as part of the spontaneous choreography and spotted him.

"Henry, where are you going?" Mrs Hart questioned her son in a less sing-songy way, but there was still a chirpy, overly enthusiastic tone, which could only be found in a musical, and it caused the boy to freeze as he inched the door open.

"I hate to be a jerk, but I gotta go to work. You know, sell the junk and the stuff," he excused himself, throwing a thumb over his shoulder as if his leaving during a crisis was no big deal. Oh yeah, like he could work in the store whilst serenading customers; that would convince them.

"But, Henry, haven't you heard? We're singin' every word!"
"Like this!" Mr Hart belted out, waving his hands manically like his wife as he stretched his vocal cords far out of their comfort zone. And it wasn't like Henry didn't want to help; he honestly did, but he couldn't tell them that he had to leave to do so. Therefore, he could only push away their terrified faces and firmly carry on.

"It's totally out of our control!"

"Sorry, fam, I gotta ro-oll!" he winced as his voice climbed higher and higher until there was a fundamental change, much to his parents and sisters' distress. The signing was getting out of control, especially as Henry closed the door firmly behind him, and the news flickered on to show that no one, not even those on television, was safe from the curse.

"In case you're just tuning in, there's a musical curse over Swellview!" Trent Overunder said to the people at home, all of whom were horrified to see the news anchors squirm under the pressure of being on TV and singing in a double performance.

"My middle name is Debbie!" Mary added, her usual random and quirky style unaffected by the overwhelming urge to sing, even if it wasn't the time or place, given the gravity of the situation in the city.

"Dear God, Mary--There's a musical curse over Swellview!"

"Mary Debbie Gaperman!" Trent tried to carry on as usual, but it was challenging when his cohost kept singing her middle name over him, and it was only when the camera panned out that the news' true message got out.