1

Thua had watched as everyone had raised their hands, their placards, and shouted their slogans, participating in their protests with all the might they each possessed. Everyone around him was full of energy, smiling, angry, and giving it all to what they thought was required for their right.

Protest to be allowed to be oneself.

It had been the right crowd, the right place for Thua to have been at.

Except...

Thua collects his passport and smiles at the Immigration officer at the counter and heads out. Even though he has lived all his life in Thailand, the sudden temperature difference is making him sweat buckets. He walks slowly, in no hurry to collect his bag, and looks around. He sees a family buy duty-free foreign chocolates and looks away. He had no one to buy for anyway. There is no one to appreciate them anyway.

He takes his jacket off unable to continue tolerating the sweat sticking to him and holds it on one arm.

Thua turns off the Airplane mode and waits for the cell network to catch on. He heads over to the Baggage Claim area.

Swarms of people from several International flights are gathered around the same couple of belts. Thua's flight from the Netherlands via Berlin was delayed by several hours. Just like many other flights due to the torrential rainfall.

Thua heads straight to the assigned belt and waits for his luggage.

It is another fifteen minutes before his bag shows up. As he is about to pick it up, someone roughly grabs the bag next to his and knocks his hand away in the process. Annoyed, Thua looks up but his bag is sliding away. Hurrying to catch his bag, he almost trips over his handbag. Thankfully, a fellow co-passenger stops his bag for him. She says, "People are quite rude these days."

Thua thanks her and turns around to give the rude guy an annoyed glare but he is nowhere to be seen.

Instead, in the crowd under the Exit sign, he thinks he sees a familiar face. His heart skips in his chest and Thua holds onto his bag a little tighter.

It cannot be Kan because Khanlong moved out of the country years ago.

But they are in an airport...?

Thua shakes his head.

He laughs at his younger self. Somehow the foolish kid in him still imagines seeing Kan around. Still hopeful.

*

Despite having been angry at the other boy... despite all the disappointment and anger towards himself, Thua had hoped that Kan would have stepped forward and come clean about it. That he would have been honest for once and admitted.

That he would have looked Thua in the eyes and said...

*

Thua disposes of the now empty water bottle into a trash can after crushing it and looks for a sitting area to settle down in. The Lounges are full. Hundreds of people are stranded in the airport due to rain. They have to wait till sunrise at least and even then maybe some more. He is happy to wait.