As she looked around, many were dancing or having small chit chats. However, the moment Persephone stepped into the room, she felt a shift. Everyone was paying attention to her. Watching her every move. 

"Keep pushing and look confident. Don't make them think you're weak." Athena whispered in Persephone's ear.

That was all Persephone needed to keep walking confidently. She could see the judgmental eyes on her. Trying to figure out what was so good about her than them. But Persephone knew it was all just jealousy. Anyone would want the Queen to speak highly about you.

"Well, well, well, if it isn't a little miss red." Naomi spoke, approaching the young woman. Naomi took a glance behind Persephone seeing not only Athena and Daniel but Robert as well. "Why don't we get something to drink?"

Persephone didn't think twice before latching her arm around Naomi's arm, walking away from her family...and Robert.

Once they were away from the Thornharts and Robert, Persephone couldn't help but sigh in relief. "You have no idea how glad I am that you pulled me away from them."

Taking a sip from her lemonade, Naomi took a quick glance at the Thornharts and Robert before looking back at Persephone. "All I saw was Lord Arrington and that was I needed to get you away from that mess. Why is he here anyway?"

"Bothering me that's what. I think he wants me to marry him." Persephone rolled her eyes, shivering in disgust. Robert Arrrington disgusted her and she would never understand why girls were fawning over him. "You think I would date a man who divorced his wife because she couldn't give him a child? That would be the last thing I'll do."

Naomi shrugged. "Sadly, he's a man. Society won't judge him for that but will judge a woman."

"Anyways, how's your night going so far? Any suitors?" Persephone winked at her.

"There were a couple of guys but none who I would possibly marry."

If people believed Persephone was picky...they had yet to see Naomi. Naomi was the pickiest person she knew. There were certain things Naomi liked in a guy and if you didn't have those qualities, don't even try to look her way. After all, she was a woman who knew what she wanted and expected no less. 

"Keep your standards high. Don't be like half of these girls. Desperate to find a husband and ready to settle with just anyone."

"Wouldn't count on it."

⊱ ──────ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ────── ⊰

Persephone couldn't help huff as she approached her sister and Daniel. After meeting with many possible suitors, some of them didn't cut it. It felt as though she was in an ongoing cycle with these men.

"How's your night going?" Athena asked as she watched her stand before her.

"Terrible. I didn't know if it would be this hard to find a possible husband." Persephone responded.

"You'll find one soon. Besides, I do know Lord Arrington has been keeping a watchful eye on you. Why don't you try it with him?" Athena glanced at Robert who was in fact standing by the wall, watching them.

"I would rather gouge my eyes out."

"Persephone!"

"It's the truth. I don't want anything to do with that man."

"Sorry to interrupt." Robert interrupted the two Thornhart women. "Miss Thornhart, may I have this dance?"

Persephone looked between his hand and his face. "No thanks."