"Well, I wish you the best of luck finding your future husband and I hope Daniel doesn't nag you throughout the whole ride." Arabelled smiled, once Persephone was fully ready. "You don't want to be too late to your first ball. You should go."

With a nod, Persephone and Arabella walk out of the room, descending down the stairs. The girl wasn't even an arm reach from her sister and brother-in-law but she can tell they both didn't like what she was wearing.

"I thought we agreed on blue." Athena frowned, looking at her sister before briefly looking at the man next to her.

"You did. I didn't." Persephone shrugged, looking down at herself before looking at her sister. "Besides, red looks good on me."

Daniel scoffed, rolling his eyes. "Of course you would go and do that when we all agreed that you were supposed to wear blue. If we weren't running so damn late I would ask you to change."

"Like I was going to listen to you. Newsflash Daniel, my father is dead, that doesn't mean you get to take his place in telling me what to do." Persephone snapped at him. Her patience with Daniel was slowly running thin.

After Francis died, Daniel became head of the house. He believed he was a Francis Thornhart 2.0 and Persephone hated it. She didn't like how much power he had when a couple years ago he was just a miller. Persephone would always make it her mission to lower his ego, it was far too big for her liking.

"There's no point in arguing. We should go now." Athena waved the two off, walking towards the carriage. "If Persephone wants to wear a red dress for her first ball then let her. It's her social season after all."

"You baby her too much." Daniel mumbled, getting inside the carriage.

"You need to stop being hard on her."

"You know I can hear you guys loud and clear." Persephone interrupted the two as the carriage started moving. Persephone hated whenever the two would talk about her right in front of her as if she didn't exist. It was rather annoying.

That seemed to shut the two up but spoke within facial expressions. Rolling her eyes, Persephone focused on the road. The trip to the Danbury ball wasn't far but it was enough to give Persephone a moment to breathe. A moment to clear her head before she would have a bunch of men trying to catch her attention.

⊱ ──────ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ────── ⊰

Before she knew it, they had arrived at the Danbury ball. The good news, she wasn't the only one who was late, seeing as many people were walking inside. The bad news, Robert Arrington was waiting outside. There was no doubt in Persephone's mind he was waiting for them.

"Miss Thornhart, you look amazing. Has anyone told you, you look good in red." Robert complimented the girl, helping her out of the carriage. "But I must say, blue would suit you even better."

"Lord Arrington, I wish I could say the same but you look terrible." Persephone snatched her hand away from his. "Aren't you rather old to be preying on young girls?"

"You mean young women."

"You do realize some of these girls are under the age of 18?"

"That's fine, I have my eyes set on one woman." Robert replied, smiling down at her.

Persephone turned to her sister. "We should go inside. Hopefully I will find a man around my age to talk to instead of grandpa over here."

Persephone didn't wait for a reply, walking straight inside. The last thing she needed was to have Robert Arrington up her ass. She needed to find her friends quickly.