mark's brows met each other in confusion as he clicked his tongue. he noticed that the only person left in this area is johnny as everyone is probably out for lunch break. "johnny?" he calls out the taller's name.

the taller immediately averts his gaze away from his screen and saw the ceo standing just outside their office area. he lifts himself from his chair to give him a small bow before saying, "yes, mr. lee?"

"come to my office for a second." he said, trying to avoid the stares.

the latter nodded, dropping whatever he was doing to follow the superior to his office.

once they got in, mark walked directly to his table while the taller stood in the middle of his office to wait for what he was about to say.

"where's donghyuck?" mark plainly asks.

"perhaps he is still calling in sick for today, mr. lee..." johnny responded, although he seem unsure of what he said.

a sigh fell on mark's lips as he brushed his fingers through his hair. he still hasn't seen the younger ever since that specific night. he heard donghyuck went to work for a few days because he was in a meeting but he excused himself for that day. and the next thing he saw is a collection of notes on his table that donghyuck did in the meeting.

"he's been calling sick for almost a week already." mark muttered as he clicked his tongue yet johnny can still hear the disappointment in his tone.

and it's probably because of mark. the older admits that he did lash out at the younger and didn't give him time to explain. all he felt at that time was frustration and anger, he didn't think about what donghyuck is feeling.

"mr. lee, have you noticed anything?" the older suddenly questioned.

this made mark frown at the question, "noticed what?"

"donghyuck's things aren't on his desk anymore." he simply told.

the superior's brows furrowed. "what do you mean?"

"nothing is left on donghyuck's table, except for the monitor and things that belong in the company." johnny finishes. he took a step for mark to take a glance through his secretary's office.

mark didn't hesitate to scurry out of his office while johnny tailed behind him. this time, he walked closer to his secretary's table.

johnny's right, nothing is left here anymore. everything looks empty and tidied up.

he brushed his fingers through his hair as he released a frustrated sigh. is this what he got after the rejection? he thought to himself. he had no idea when did donghyuck do all this.

"thank you for telling me." mark sternly told johnny while trying to compose himself. he left the taller and went back to his office. the only thing on his mind right now is to call donghyuck and ask him about this.