Chapter 4

(October 22nd 1994)

   Everyone is at Central Perk. Chandler is at the counter with Rachel. Joey and Ross are sitting on the couch while Phoebe sits on the floor and Monica sits in the comfy chair. Spencer and Lori are sitting on the spare couch.

Chandler: "Walking over". So Saturday night, the big night, date night, Saturday night, Sat-ur-day night!.

 So Saturday night, the big night, date night, Saturday night, Sat-ur-day night!

Joey: No plans huh?.

Chandler: Not a one. 

Chandler sits in the chair from a nearby table.

Ross: Not even say breaking up with Janice?.

Chandler: Oh right, right shut up.

Monica: Chandler nobody likes breaking up with someone. You just gotta do it.

Chandler: No I know but it's just so hard you know?. I mean you're sitting there with her she has no idea what's happening and then you finally get up the courage to do it and there's the horrible awkward moment when you've handed her the note.

Joey: Why do you have to break up with her?. Be a man just stop calling.

Phoebe: You know if you want I'll do it with you.

Chandler: Oh thanks but I think she'd feel like we're ganging up on her.

Phoebe: No I mean you break up with Janice and I'll break up with Tony.

Spencer: Tony?.

Monica: Oh you're breaking up with Tony?.

Phoebe: Yeah I know he's sweet but it's just not fun anymore you know?. I don't know if it's me or his hunger strike or I don't know.

Rachel: "Waitressing". Does anybody want anything else?.

Ross: Oh yeah last week you had a wonderful, nutty, chocolatey kind of a cakey pie thing. 

Rachel gives him a glare.

Ross: Nothing just, just I'm fine.

Phoebe: What's the matter?. 

Spencer: Why so scrunchy?.

Rachel: It's my father. He wants to give me a Mercedes convertible.

Ross: That guy he burns me up.

Rachel: Yeah well it's a Mercedes if I move back home. Oh it was horrible. He called me young lady.

Chandler: Oh I hate when my father calls me that.

Lori: "Groans". Absolutely hate that. Even worse when it's both parents.

Monica: Did he give you that whole. You're not up to this thing again?.

Rachel: Oh yeah, yeah. Actually I got the extended disco version with three choruses of. You'll never make it on your own.

Phoebe: "Rhythmically". Uh-huh, uh-huh.