Chapter 46: Cedric's Goodbye

Start from the beginning

"I DON'T HAVE A CHOICE SNOW! I do, I really wish I did!" His eyes have a tear falling out of them. 

"You do have a choice, you're just choosing not to make it." I try leaving but he pulls me back, this time closer. He takes a deep breath and looks back at my hand that he's holding. He rubs circles on it as he looks back up at me.  

"It's my birthday today. I was hoping you'd at least wish me." 

I scoff.  I cannot believe the audacity he has. "Well, happy birthday to you. I hope it's your last." 

I pull my arm out of his hand and walk out to the courtyard, tears threatening to leave my eyes. When I enter the courtyard, Harry shoots me a look, asking if I'm ok. I nod and pay attention to the open casket. He looks as if he could be sleeping. His cheeks still as rosy as the day he danced with Cho, is slight smile as gorgeous as the day he became a champion, and most of all, even with his eyes closed, the feeling of comfort, compassion, and love it gave. Many people were crying, even people who didn't know him. I couldn't cry. Not here, not in front of everyone. The ceremony went on for about an hour before it was over. Everyone left.

I went back in the girls restroom to get out of these stupid funeral clothes. I can't seem to get this stupid zipper off. 

"Oh, come on you." I keep tugging at it, but it's as if it's stuck on nothing. "Why won't.. this stupid...zipper... budge." I keep on pulling, pushing, and tugging on it but it wouldn't come out. "GOD DAMN YOU YOU STUPID ZIPPER!" Tears fall out of my eyes as the stupid zipper won't unzip. It made me feel suffocated. My voice became filled with worry and horrible crying sounds as I kept on pulling at the zipper. 

I fall into the ground in a hopeless heap. The full reality finally hitting me. I keep my hands over my eyes as I try to cry as silently as possible. I feel as if the bathroom is crushing down on me, and the zipper is crushing me to death. I put my head on the ground and my hands over my ears as I try to get rid of the horrible screeching sounds and horrible thoughts in my head. 

"SNOW?" I look up slightly and see Ginny rushing to my side. She puts her hand over my back and uses her other to ruffle my hair. "Shh... it's ok. We'll be alright." 

"Please make it stop!" Cries continue to escape my mouth as Ginny continues soothing me. 

"What's wrong?" She lifts me up slightly and looks in my red eyes. 

"T-this fucking zipper won't unzip, no matter what I do, it's stuck there!" I cry again as I continue tugging at it. 

"Snow, SNOW! Stop it. Let me." She gently takes my hands away and pulls on the zipper. I'm surprised when she quickly zips it down. 

"Y-you're a lot smarter than I am." I slight chuckle and that quickly turns into sobs once again. 

"Shh... come on, put on your PJ's, and we can talk." She hands me the pjs that were next to the sink. Go on." She motions them towards me. I head into the stall, still crying while I slip on my PJs. 

When I come out, I immediately drop to the ground, clutching my chest in pain. "Oh girl, I think we both know this more than over a stupid zipper. What's really wrong?" 

Through my tears and foggy state of mind, I manage to explain to her the issues with Mattheo, the death of Cedric, return of Voldemort. Everything.  

"God. You have one messed up life." She hugs me again and slowly lifts me up and leads me to my bed. She grabs a napkin and cleans up my face. Hermione notices and comes over. 

"Oh Snow, I am so sorry." Her and Ginny both sit on opposite sides of my bed.  

"Will it get better?" I ask. 

"It will," Hermione said. 

"Promise?" I sound like a little child I'm sure.

"Promise." She smiles again and pats my head. "Get some sleep, you're heading back to the U.S. tomorrow."  

It hit me, before the task, Cedric told me he had something to tell me after the task.... and I never got to figure out what. 

 After an hour or two, once I feel like I've finally gotten my composure together, I get up and sneak into Harry's dorm. I see his sitting next to his bed, crying. 

"Harry?" He looks up at me. I go down and embrace him. "I'm so sorry. God I love you, please, don't do anything stupid." 

I feel him nod his head in my shoulder. 

"I wish we could stay together, but you have to go back to the stupid U.S." 

"I know, it's ridiculous. Please mail me." 

"Of course." 

I stand up and give him a small smile. 

"Hermione... uhm, told me about what happened. I don't think your okay."

"Neither of us are. I should've listened to you about Mattheo, about everything, I am so sorry." 

He smiles and stands up as well. His eyes, still laced with tears as he says the golden words, " I don't blame you."  

"Please, stay safe," I look at Harry as I say this. He nods. I head back to my dorm and sit on my bed. Our school year is ending way early. I won't be seeing any of my friends until 5th year. I wonder where this will lead too. 

I look at the picture of all the champions I have on my bedside. I smile looking at it, particularly Cedric's face. 

"Goodbye Cedric." 

Ahhhhh!!! I can't believe I'm SO close to finishing this book! I'm so nervous for some reason! Thanks for all your support y'all! 

Word Count: 1570