𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟎𝟏

Your POV

"You're just like your mother, always avoiding me." Your drunken father slurred, lazily throwing an empty liquor bottle at you. It fell to your feet and it shattered. You jumped at the sudden loud sound. "Clean it up." Your father demanded, muttering something unintelligible under his breath. He wobbled over to his stained recliner and laid down while you rushed to get the dustpan.

You were lucky he only threw the bottle at you, must've been too drunk to do anything else. He'd usually strike you across the face, or just anywhere he could lay his hands on. You soon heard his shallow snoring, indicating he was knocked out. He was a heavy sleeper so usually you would take this time to do things you usually wouldn't when he was up.

Right before your mom died in a car accident, your father found out your mom was cheating on him. He drank and became overly paranoid about your social life. Looking through your phone's messages, and pictures, constantly asking about boys, and you couldn't wear makeup. The last time you wore mascara around your father, he lost his shit and choked you out. Wearing makeup was for sluts apparently and he accused you of trying to get 'pregnant'.

You secretly stole your mother's makeup and kept it in an old shoe box, hidden under your bed so your father wouldn't find it. You fell onto your bed and pulled your blanket over you. Your father's snoring was deafening, especially without a door to muffle the sound. But you knew better than to wake him. You pulled your phone out and looked for any jobs that could get you out of this hellhole.

You had a degree in engineering, but could never find any jobs that could use an engineer. You'd heard talk about a popular pizza place called Freddy Fur-Bear or something like that. The pizzaplex had robots but ever since your parents took you out to the first location, animatronics gave you the creeps. You continued looking for alternatives, but to no avail.

"Guess I'm gonna work with creepy kid-eating machines..." You mumbled to yourself quietly. You went through the requirements before filling out a digital application sheet. There were a concerning amount of disclaimers and warnings. You had to agree not to sue for any injuries on duty. Creepy as fuck but I'm desperate so might as well...You thought, filling out the final requirements with a long sigh.

The hardest part would be persuading your father to let you go. You submitted your forms and got a notification that the job interview would be this Friday, in four days. Feeling somewhat accomplished, you yawned before shutting off your phone and taking a nap.

✮ ✮ ✮

Friday came around and you told your dad you would be leaving in thirty minutes for your interview. You wore a simple outfit, nice pants and a blazer over a neutral shirt. You knew your dad would be too drunk and tired to care at this point, and you were right. "Sure whatever, as long as you get to be out of my hair." Your father said lazily from his recliner. Relief washed over your body as you left the house. After making sure you looked decent, you took your car and drove to the infamous Pizzaplex.

Once you arrived, you checked in at the front desk. "I'm here for a job interview?" You told the front desk...robot? "Take a map." It replied mechanically, holding out a piece of paper. "Huh?" You questioned, looking at the folded pamphlet. "Map." It repeated firmly, holding out the map further. "You must be Y/n!" A voice called behind you. "That's me." You replied, turning around to see who was talking to you.

You were met with a woman in her early twenties, green eyes and blonde hair. "I'm Vanessa, sorry about the creepy Map Bots, just ignore them." She laughed, shaking your hand. You awkwardly laughed with her, feeling the robot's blank stare on your back. "Anyway, I'll take you in for your interview." She said before leading you to an office.

She sat you down in front of her desk. She got on her computer and started questioning you. "You're here for an engineering position?" She said, looking from the computer screen to you. "Yes, are there any available?" You responded, subtly fighting with your hands. "We have a few. But do tell me, you have any experience in this area?" Vanessa asked, typing something into the computer.

"I actually have a degree in engineering." You answered. Vanessa paused her typing. "Really?" She said, surprised. You nodded your head. "We rarely get anyone trained. You're hired." Vanessa said finally.

Your eyes widened. "T-Thats it? When do I start?" You say, taken aback by the sudden decision. "Yep. You'll start tomorrow morning. I'll put you in charge of Monty, don't worry, you'll be able to handle him..." Vanessa explained, typing on her keyboard. You heard a printing sound. Venessa walked over to the printer she apparently had in her room and grabbed the sheet of paper.

"Here's all the additional information." She said, handing it to you. "Thank you, see you tomorrow." You said as you left the office, quickly reading over the paper.

Clock-In Time: 9 AM (don't be late)
Clock-Out Time: 10 PM
Position: Mechanic
Job: Montgomery Gator's Caretaker/Engineer
Pay: $50/hour

Description: You will be in charge of Fixing Monty. He is the most difficult (also usually more damaged) out of all the animatronics, but because of your experience, we trust you enough to handle him. Your job starts tomorrow, don't be late.

You drove back home, hopefully getting a full night's rest. Once you walked into the house, you were met with loud noises from the TV. You walked into the living room and saw your father drinking alcohol. The TV was on full blast, and all the lights were off. "I'm back..." You told him softly. "Where were you." Your father burped, clearly drunk.

"At the job interview. You responded, looking to the floor. "And when was I supposed to know about that?" Your father said with a raised voice. "I told you before I left." You answered honestly, looking to the floor. "Bullshit, if you said- told me, I would've remembered." Your fathered hiccuped drunkenly. "Well, you were pretty hungover..." You say quietly.

"What did you say bitch?" Your father slurred loudly. He stood from his recliner, slightly towering over you. He was barely taller than you, but it's terrifying when he's drunk like this. I shouldn't have said that. "I said I'll do better next time." You lied, avoiding eye contact. "You better, or there will be consequences." Your father breathed, his hot breath smelling like cigarettes and liquor. "Yes sir." You replied while he walked back to his chair.

You washed yourself up and did your nightly routine. You set an alarm and crawled into your bed, pulling your blankets up over your head. You fell into a dreamless sleep, the darkness of your room swallowing you whole.

Happy First Chapter! If you're from my previous book, WELCOME BACKKKKKKKK. If you're new, hello! I'm Eclipse and I hope you're enjoying this story so far! Go check out my other Monty x Reader if you haven't already, and just a reminder, these are two completely different books and don't relate to each other-not a sequel 😭. I'm just delulu and can't stop writing about Monty. Anyway, feel free to point out any errors I made here and see you in the next chapter soon!
-Mae