Irresistible PT.4

Start from the beginning

"Whoa! Don't touch it." 

"Ronon, please." My voice cracks. I know he's not in his right mind, but I never thought he would go this far. 

I feel John coming up behind me. "This has gone too far. Ronon, stand down!" 

When he doesn't everyone in the room turns the gun on the two of us. But Weir waves her hand and stands in front of Ronon, and he lowers his weapon. 

"What on Earth is wrong with you two? We were just... helping a friend. And there's nothing wrong with that." 

Lucius turns to McKay whispering something in his ear. I look at John, and he just nods. 

"You know what? I'm just tired. It's this damn cold. And I'm pretty sure I gave it to Ali earlier. Right, Major?"

"Yeah, he's right. And with all the stress with all the Gates, and wanting Sam to be proud of us, I guess I just projected all my bad feelings somewhere instead of looking at myself." I turn to Lucius. "I'm sorry for my behavior. I'm just going to get a nap, it always seems to help."

"I'm sorry too." 

Weir seems to be pleased. "You both should get some rest." 

"You're probably right. I just need a good night's sleep." 

We both turn on our heels and walk toward the living quarters. "We're so not getting any rest." 

"Definitely not." 

We decide that it's best to go to my room since I'm farther away from all the hustle and bustle of Atlantis. 

"So you're saying, that they feel horrible." 

"Yeah. The whole town is down, they've asked for him back." 

"Hmm. It sounds like withdrawals. Like they're addicted to him. Which means the longer..." 

"That you're around him the worse it'll be." 

"Okay... We need him gone, like yesterday." 

"I got more of the liquid, so now we can take care of it." 

I shake my head. "That would be great, but even if I can identify it, It'll take me a while, then to reverse engineer it... I need Carson. That's the only way." 

"But how? He's the biggest fanboy." 

"We could kidnap him." 

A shocked look crosses his face, but then it looks like pride. "I'm scared, but that's exactly what I would do."

"I know." I smirk, "Now, do you want to do it? I figured we make him think you're falling under the spell."

"Sounds good. Grab a jumper and we'll fly to the mainland."

I nod. "Hopefully after the withdrawals, he'll be more... cooperative." 

We're flying through the air in the jumper as Carson regains consciousness. 

"Hey, Carson. Sorry about that."

"What? Where...?"

"We're taking you to the mainland. It's for your own good. Trust me."

We land in the forest, hoping that the foilage will help conceal us for a bit. Immediately, Beckett is already feeling the effects of his separation.

"I need to get back."

"No, you don't." Sheppard, still sick, answers. 

"Lucius needs me. You have no right to abduct me like this."