Baby Boy

Once all of the furniture was in my room, I had a bedframe, two simple shelves and even a little nightstand. "We're not hauling anymore stuff" Carly said "I don't need you too, I could've done it myself." I said, embarassed. "We love helping you out" Said Bret, jokingly, "But you are on your own for putting everything where you want it, little mister!" Bret shook his finger at me when he said little mister, I thought it was funny, but wished I wasn't the one being called that. "I got it, guys." I said, and they left the room and walked downstairs.
I wondered to myself if colleges had summer breaks, or if they were all just not attending anything today. By the time my room was set up, it was adorable honestly. Cute ducky walls, princess bed and my books and toys. I hated it. I looked ridiculous, and there were no sheets on my bed. I was a faggy loser living with 6 literal strangers and I couldn't even be cozy about it.

"Honey, I'm homeeeeee!" an exagerrated voice echoed through the landing and the whole of the downstairs. Not another one of these clowns. Not wanting to meet another person that day, I curled up on my familliar mattress and held onto a stuffed bunny, whose name was Jessi, by the way, and I burried my head in my hands and fell asleep, hoping tommorrow I'd wake up in a completley different life- one with dignity, and comfort.

I was woken up by stern sounding voices, I couldn't make out much of what they were saying, nor did I remember much of where I was or what was happening.
I could tell it was early, and my eyelids were extremely heavy, face numb and my whole body pleasantly warm.
I felt myself being lifted up in the air, but did not have the strength to fight it, much less the will power. No, instead I just whimpered and burried my face in deeper to the arm of whoever was holding me. He shooshed me and rocked me and then I was set back down on my bed, then covered up with a blanket- both the mattress and blanket were cold, which only made me cuddle in closer to my bunny Jessi.

I was woken up again by the sun shining through the curtainless floor to ceiling windows. I didn't open my eyes right away, for a moment I just listened.
I listened to air circulate through the house. I decided to to open my eyes, and, when I did, I was greeted by the sight of a big, light blue blanket draped over me. I scrunched up my face, trying to remember last night. I remember the new voice, curling up on my mattress and shedding a few warm tears before falling asleep, but I distinctly remember not having a blanket. I would've remembered this one if I'd had it, it was stuffed and very plush, with a clean baby-powder smell that wafted through the room. It was much more pleasant than the empty, old smell that inveloped the room before.

I got up, put Jessi neatly on a shelf and went downstairs. My brain was less foggy than before, so I made a point to take notice of the house. From where I was on the stairs, I could see the front door in front of me, and a large entryway to the left; that one lead to the livingroom. I waled past the livingroom, which was giving off a musky smell, and into the kitchen. The kitchen was its own room, seperated from the diningroom by a folding door, and it was a mess. Egg shells on the counter, coffee maker full of old looking coffee, fridge and cabinets sticky, and the stove dusty and sad. I looked past the grime on the stovetop and read the clock, taking note of how out of place all the new appliences looked in the old house. The clock read 10:20AM. I work all night tonight, 4:30 to 1:00, so I would've liked to have slept until 2pm. Even still, I wasn't tired, and I wasn't looking forward to sleeping on a sheetless bed again, fluffy blanket or no.