Ten

Over the course of the next week, the young couple thoroughly enjoyed their anniversary trip to the Hawaiian Islands. Apollo made sure they spent a decent amount of Time with his sons, both for his own Sanity and so his wife'd a chanceta get to know them. In fact, Jadeite'd eventually warmed up to her and started calling her Mama–albeit, in Hawaiian–without any prompting from anyone else. But he also made sure they got plenty of alone Time, considering he didn't want even his grown sons bearing witnessta certain things.

        Part of the alone Time they got together was spent by showing Serenity all sortsa different sights she wouldn't get anywhere else. In addition to merely lounging on the Beach and soaking up the Sun's rays, he took her to various places across the Islands. One in particular that she'd been as Awed by as when she'd first seen the Moon from down here was a gorgeous Waterfall.

        It was known by the locals as Rainbow Falls, which was due to the Rainbows that could oft be seen in the Mist produced by the Water roaring over it. Said Waterfall was roughly a mile away from the house they'd been staying in along the Wailuku River, about a mile and a-half inland from a body of Water known as Hilo Bay. And not only was it a place he'd been willing to bet that the Moon Princess'd love, it was one of his own favorite placesta visit when he was actually on this particular Planet. Despite the noise of the falls, it was a peaceful spot that allowed him to clear his head and think straight, which he was oft in need of.

        Another place the Sun King'd taken his bride was the Kaumana Caves, which were a lil closer to where he half-lived. It wasn't a Cave in the sense of being a hole essentially drilled into rock like a lotta other Caves on Earth was. Instead, this one'd been Created by a Lava floe from the nearby Mauna Loa after the floe'd settled and cooled enough to solidify. Even still, it was a beautiful–not to mention very private–place for a couple to explore during a trip like this.

        Unfortunately, as with all other good things, this wonderful Time wouldn't stay that way for as long as the couple woulda liked. A week after Traveling through the Portal from the Moon Palace, Serenity'd been the first one up, surprisingly enough. She'd made sure to keep quiet, even as she'd started working on the hot drink Nephrite'd introduced her to–which he'd called coffee–since everyone else was apparently still asleep. But just as she caught the soft Sound of footsteps from upstairs, a bright Light in the living room caught her attention and made her look over curiously. That Light slowly brightened to the point that she was forced to shield her eyes, then started to slowly dim before it simply disappeared altogether just as her husband and older two stepsons joined her.

        Left in the Light's place was something she recognized all too well, and the reason for that object's sudden appearance wasn't lost on her. After all, Kuutar rarely ever brought the Moon Rod outta wherever she kept it Hidden, considering she generally didn't have to use it. Their subjects weren't exactly the rowdy, warmongering type–and most of their disputes were easily resolved without having to resort to any sorta Violence. Knowing that was the case as she crossed the room, she knew without having to ask that both her parents were now dead since that was the only way she'd inherit such an object from either of them. It made tears well up in her eyes and trickle down her cheeks as she grabbed the beautiful, but cool Metal and picked it up.

        "What on Earth is that?" Kunzite queried curiously behind her.

        "It's–It's the Moon Rod," the Moon Princess veritably whimpered, cradling it against her breasts as if it were an infant.

        Apollo's eyes widened, 'cuz he instantly understood the significance just like she did. "Your parents–they're–"

        "There's no other explanation," Serenity told him, nodding. "The Moon Rod wouldn't just appear from wherever Mother kept it Hidden, if she and Father were still alive."