𑁍Gambling or me?𑁍 Yumeko

Start from the beginning

"Y/N, wait-" but you had already ended the call.

Tears streamed down your cheeks as uncertainly conquered your chest, wrenching every inch of space for air to come into your lungs. Your world started trembling and you clutched your shirt for any kind of support. Breathing became impossible and, out of anger as well as disappointment, you had plummeted on the floor struggling to move your body from its sitting position against the wall.

She couldn't be at the casino behind your back, right?

Your trembling fingers tapped on her contact name and the signature beeping of the call deafened you. One time, two times, three times-you counted every annoying sound the device made. You waited patiently, even though you had ran out of it a long time ago, closing your eyes in the meantime. It stung, everything burnt and ached inside you. Your heart was broken, your energy was drained and your head spinned when suddenly someone picked up the phone.

"H-hello?" a woman's worn out voice mumbled through the phone.

"I-Is Yumeko Jabami there?"-her name tasted like venom in your mouth. "T-this is her, I'm sorry I can't talk right now I'm at the casino, who am I talking to?"

"Don't even bother coming back home"-you screamed. Everything you had done for her, all the things, opportunities and dreams you had postpone just so you could be with him a little longer. All your support, all your trust, all your love were made out of the most fragile paper and she had burnt them all with just a single flame; temptation and lust "I'll pack your things and put them outside. I want them gone by tomorrow."

"W-wait Y/N?! please darling! Let me explain..." she begged, picking her act back together after presumably a nights worth of risky gambling.

"Oh! So now you want to talk, Yumeko?"-you laughed "Now you want to discuss things because you've been caught?! Save your words for your stupid gambles, babe. Maybe they'll be of better use"

And you ended the call.

()

"Aren't you going to talk to me, Yumeko?" Ryota questioned as his friend shook her head disapprovingly-"I betrayed Y/N, not you!"

"They're my best friend too, Yumeko?!"-he screamed-"They didn't deserve it and you know it! But you are so damn arrogant that you won't admit it, will you? God, they gave you everything and you just had to mess things up? Why couldn't you just break up with them if you knew they wouldn't approve of this?!"

Yumeko didn't answer. Truthfully, she had been scared. She knew how wonderful you were, how much you would give and do for her. She could say she had taken advantage of such blind love, such trust. But she would be lying for she, in fact, feared the mere though of being alone again. She couldn't think about the what if's and her future without a partner she could come home to. Maybe she wasn't in love with you anymore yet she was enamored with what a romantic relationship had to offer her-"Because I couldn't let her go"

"You sound like a psychopath"- Ryota muttered.

"Well after everything I've done to her maybe I am" Yumeko sighed, sitting down while ruffling her hair. Ryota, reluctantly, took the free spot besides her and snuggled further into the couch's comfort-"I hate losing her, Ryota"

"At least you regret it..."-the boy mumbled-"I know it won't solve things but maybe leave them a message? I guess that would make you less of an asshole"

"Thanks for the support"- Yumeko rolled her eyes.

"Oh, you know you deserve that and more" Ryota snickered before pushing himself off the couch and out of the room.