𑁍The love you shared𑁍 Yumeko

926 words                                                                                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As far as you were concerned, your relationship with Yumeko Jabami was utterly perfect.

How could it possibly be anything else? You loved Yumeko, you loved her with all of your heart, and she loved you with even more than all of hers. She just couldn't get enough of you, always wanting to be with you, holding you, kissing you, and you were more than happy to oblige her. You couldn't say no to her, but more than that, you never wanted to. You were just as happy to be held by her and kissed by her and smothered by her as she was happy to hold and kiss and smother you. That was all you wanted, and that was all she wanted.

It was a pity then, Yumeko thought to herself, that your so-called friends couldn't see that.

No, they were always trying to tear you two apart, trying to keep you from her, refusing to let you be with the one and only person you were meant to be with. Not willing to let them try to ruin the perfect relationship you two held onto so tenderly, Yumeko did everything she could to stop them. And much of the time, that meant trying to shield you from their toxic influence.

"Mind if I join?" Yumeko asked, walking into your dorm room without waiting for an answer. Any presumption on her part went unnoticed by you though, with you practically leaping from the couch where your friends and you had been sitting. Throwing your arms around her, you giggled as she spun you around, completely failing to catch sight of the flat, rather displeased looks on your friends' faces.

"Of course not," you told her, gazing eagerly into her crimson eyes. "You know I'm always happy to spend some more time with you. I mean, so long as Yumemi and Yuriko are okay with it."

"Um, sure," Yumemi said, not knowing what else to say. Yuriko though, as to be expected, did not have that same problem, opening her mouth to no doubt protest that this was supposed to be a night with just the three of you, only to swiftly be cut off by Yumeko, who was glaring at her from over your shoulder.

"Great!"

With that, Yumeko took your hand in hers and promptly led you back over to the couch. Rather than let you simply sit side-by-side with her though, she instead pulled you into her lap, wrapping her arms so firmly around you that you couldn't have left, even if you had wanted to. But with absolutely no desire to do so, you simply nestled into her arms happily, thinking about just how lucky you were to have such a loving, affectionate girlfriend. About an hour passed this way, with you contentedly watching a movie in your girlfriend's arms, while said girlfriend was content not only for that reason but because she had once again succeeded in stopping your friends from keeping you from her. So when Yumeko was forced to get up, she was nervous to say the very least.

"Babe," she whispered in your ear, "I've got to go to the bathroom, okay?"

"Oh, okay," you answered, moving off of her to let her get up from the couch.

"I'll be right back," Yumeko said just before she left the room, ostensibly for your benefit, though she was staring at Yumemi and Yuriko when she said it. She was true to her word though, running faster than she ever had before through the halls in her eagerness to return to you. But when she turned the corner and came to the hallway of your dorm, she was struck by a sudden idea, and slowed to a silent stalk. Rather than barge in as she admittedly ached to do, Yumeko paused at the door, listening in closely.

"We're just worried about you, that's all," Yumemi was saying as gently as she could.

"There's nothing for you to be worried about!"

"Clearly there is," Yuriko snapped, "if Yumeko won't let you be alone with anyone other than her for even five damn minutes."

"She just wants to spend time with me, which is what I want too," you insisted. From the other side of the door, Yumeko grinned and nodded in prideful satisfaction.

"But remember the other day during lunch, when she told you not to talk to Itsuki and Kaede?"

"Oh come on, Yumeko was just being protective."

"But—"

"That's enough! I get that you two are just trying to look out for me, but you're making a big deal out of nothing. Yumeko is the sweetest woman I've ever met, I'm happy with her, and if you can't deal with that then maybe you both should just go."

"No," Yumemi sighed, speaking before Yuriko could say anything that would end up leaving you with no one but Yumeko. "We don't want to go. We just want to make sure you're safe and happy, that's all."

"Good, then let me be happy," you told her.

Not needing to hear anything more now that she had heard your opinion, the only one that she cared about, Yumeko burst through the door. She wasted no time in reclaiming her seat back on the couch and promptly burying her face in the crook of your neck, inhaling your addicting scent, but not before she had flashed a triumphant grin to those interlopers you considered friends. She missed their returning glares though, shielded as she was by the love you shared.