𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞 - well known

"Hey, Y/n, you alright?" Finney utters worriedly

"Hey, Y/n, you alright?" Finney utters worriedly. Y/n nods. Finney came to visit her at the hospital when he discovered that she was in the hospital. 

"Yeah," she replies, causing Finney to let out a sigh of relief. "I'm glad your dad is no fun," Y/n adds, making him laugh.

Finney takes a seat and drags it across the floor next to Y/n. "Is your dad alright?" he asks.

"Well, he's still asleep, but he'll survive," Y/n answers optimistically. Finney briskly raises his head and grabs his backpack. Y/n and her father stayed unexpectedly at the hospital for longer, so she had to miss some school.

He brings out a handful of notes. "These are from Ms. Hart's class."

Y/n takes them from him and looks through the letters. It was odd because she didn't talk to anyone there besides Finney. She knew everyone in the class; she didn't know if they knew her. Most of the notes had similar words over and over again. 'Get well soon, we miss you,' and more. 

One particular note caught her eye. It was in messy handwriting, but it was readable. She looked to the bottom of the note. It read Vance Hopper.

"Oh yeah, he wrote one too," Finney adds, looking at the other notes.

"Why?"

"I don't know. Just did. No one forced him or anything," Finney responds. Y/n raises an eyebrow. 

"Maybe he didn't have anything better to do," Y/n shrugged as she looked through them. 

None of the letters made her feel better about anything. No one in Ms. Hart's class would look at her, so why write her a note?

-

The day Y/n came back to school, everyone knew who she was. People stared left and right. She wasn't at all surprised. She just got into a bad accident, and everyone started to feel bad for her. 

Taking a seat at her desk, a group of girls walks up to her. Y/n fixes her posture nervously, so none of the girls can point something out about her. Middle school girls can be bitches. 

"Hey, you're Y/n, right?" A brunette girl asks. Y/n nods her head. She wasn't in the mood to socialize with others, but it seemed like she had no choice. 

"So, you got in a car crash. Right?" Another girl asked.

"Yeah, why?"

"We just wanted to say sorry," the brunette girl responds. 

"Well, it's not your fault, so I don't see why you're apologizing. I don't need your pity, you know," Y/n says, taking out her textbooks and preparing for the class.

The group of girls scoffs as they walk away. Y/n just sighed and continued to do what she was doing. She heard a strange noise coming from her right. She turns to Vance Hopper. Once he noticed Y/n was looking at him, he burst into laughter.

"What?" Y/n questions. 

"Did you not see those girls? They're so invasive," he chuckles. He was right, but why did he start talking to her randomly? The last time she spoke to Vance Hopper, he got upset because she called him by his last name. 

"Yeah, I guess they are," Y/n responds.

Y/n looks at Vance, whose eyes are scanning the classroom. She stops staring at him once class begins. 

During the lesson, Vance kept staring at Y/n as he did on the bench earlier. Y/n decided she wouldn't bring it up again after what happened. She also noticed Vance scribbling something on a piece of paper but ended up throwing it away.

"Y/n? You there?" The teacher calls out, making the students chuckle. Y/n's cheeks get hot. She snaps out of her thoughts and continues to pay attention to the class. She hoped no one caught her staring.

-

A/N:
yes, i know it's short... idk what else to put, so yeah :) 
i hope you enjoyed, have a nice day!