chapter one

Eragon and Saphira were flying over an empty plan it had been three weeks sense the first time they stopped and it was believed to be about a month and a half sense they set of. They still had not found anything and he was getting frustrated so the flights they took had two purpose's. As they flew Eragon was deep in thought of an idea that he had been considering for the past few days. "Saphira what do you think if we go on our own for a week or too and go farther into the eastern reaches?"  " I think it would make sense to try and go where we haven't been"  "that's what i thought as well I'll ask Blodhgarm and Umaroth what they think about it." He said before closing his eyes as feeling out to everything around him.

Saphira landed on the ship and Eragon hopped off after he undid the leg straps holding him on. Eargon walked to to the back of the ship to the elf steering the the ship, "do you know where Blodhgarm is." "He is below deck with the Eldunari Argetlman" "thank you" he said before tuning around walking to the hatch at the back of the ship. He went down the steps and walked to where they have been storing the Eldurnari. When he opened the door he saw Blodhgarm standing in front of a light blue Eldunari  that seemed to shimmer every few minutes. Eragon slowly drifted of watching Blodhgarm as he stood there for who knows how long. Before "Argetlman" as Eragon snapped back to it from the sound of Blodhgarm's voice. "Yes Blodhgarm I need to discuss something with you" "what is it Argetlman?" 

"Well we were considering going on a scouting trip farther into the eastern reaches." "Well who would be going?" He asked "Well it would be just me an Saphira" Blodhgarm frowned and thought on it for a moment. "Do you think it would be a good idea Argetlman" Eragon sighed and said "I don't know if it would be but we need to do something different from what we are doing right now sense we haven't made any progress. In the few months that we have been out here for" it seemed that Blodhgarm thought on this for a few moments before asking "have you asked Umaroth or Gleadr about this yet." Eragon shook his head "no i wanted to ask you first"

This seemed to confuse Blodhgarm for a moment "why" he asked and i thought that elves knew everything Eragon said to Saphira. She snouted and said  "they might be smart but they don't know everything." While dragons do he mused Saphira didn't say anything but Eragon knew that she wanted to say yes to it. He soon snapped himself back and looked Blodhgarm in the eye's before saying "you are the one keeping the Eldurnari and eggs safe. Umaroth and Gleadr's wisdom is indispensable but their is only so much that they can do." "Eragon is correct" Umaroth said to both Eragon and Blodhgarm surprising them. "Oh Umaroth I didn't know that you were listening" Eragon said "one of us are always listening in on you Eragon" he stated. Eragon shifted slightly uncomfortable with the revelation but Umaroth seemed to sense his discomfort. 

"Stating we are listening in to make sure that we can advise you the best that we can." "I know but it's just strange knowing that there is someone watching you at all times." He said "do not worry Eragon we don't do this lightly and we thought it as better then using your own memory's when we are trying to help you."  Gleadr said to him Eragon thought about this for a moment thinking which one he would prefer before deciding what they were doing was for the best. But still he didn't know how much that he liked it, before pressing on and asking "well if you been listening then you know what i have proposed." 

"Yes we do" Umaroth told him "and after consideration from the remaining Eldurnari we have decided it would be smart for you to go onto your expedition."  "Well then thank you" he said but before he said anything else Gleadr interrupted him "but when you go on it you must take some Eldurnari with you." "No there is no way that i can do that and weaken the defense of the eggs and other Eldurnari." "Well that is a problem because that is what we have decided." Gleadr said "no i am not a child for you to make decisions for any thing relating to the Eldurnari or the eggs I will be included in it is my duty and job. I do not take your input lightly but I will not be excluded from these decision." Eragon said as he heated up 

"Gleadr he is right it is not within our right to decide these things for him but to give him counsel teach him what he needs to know." Umaroth said "that is true but i will not have him risk him self unnecessarily" Gleadr stated "that  is true but we should at least tell him of our reason's, and of the plan." "little one we should listen to what they have to say i do not like it any more then you do we I can take care of you but we should listen to them. Eragon kicked his self for his outburst and letting his feeling cloud his judgment. " I apologize I should have waited for you to explain your plan before I spoke."  

"it is fine Eragon" Umaroth said "but we held a counsel while you were talking and came to the decision that you should at least take Gleadr's Eldurnari with you for counsel and anything you might need." Eragon thought about it for a moment thinking that it wasn't unreasonable and they wouldn't be weakening their protection that much. "Saphira what do you think about it"  "much the same you do i see nothing wrong with bringing Gleadr along with us it will be good to have him." "Yes I know very well it seems that we have come to a decision" he told her before addressing Umaroth and Gleadr. 

"We see nothing wrong with the plan and would be dilated to have Gleadr along with us." He said but before he could say anything else he was assulted by a wave of lights and shapes. Showing them visions of the open sea and massive plumes of smoke before racing passed it to a land mass and picking up speed. As it went along before settling plume on a single object that looked to be like a start shaped fortress with massive amounts of smoke coming from everything around it. Before settling on a single smaller plume of smoke that Eragon soon saw a figure run from out off and into a forest before disappearing.

Eragon had only once before ever had something like that happen to him and it was when Valdr showed him a vision on his way to Uru'baen. Eragon could feel from saphira that she had also had the vision and had probably come to a similar conclusion as his. "Well I imagine that you all saw that as well" "yes I did Argetlman" Blodhgarm said "as did we" Gleadr said. "Well then i guess that means that i need to bring Valdr with us doesn't it if he doesn't mind." "You would be correct Eragon" Umaroth said "but don't worry about whether he minds he wouldn't have shone all of us it in the way he did if he didn't plan on going with you." Eragon could feel that there was something else with Umaroth 

"Valdr is older then I am as well as being a wild dragon i don't know what he is trying to do or what he hopes to do but we will just have to trust his judgment. For this" Eragon chuckled to himself "what is it little one" Saphira asked. "Well it's just that I thought this was going to be uneventful at least till we found the new home after everything but it seems that its not going to be as quiet as I thought. And I probably would have gone made in that time at least it will be eventfully" " That it will be little one."  Saphira told him "and it feels like your fine with it as well" he could feel her tense then made the sound that he associated with her laughing. "I would have gone mad with you" and with that Eragon smiled and walked to the top deck of the ship mentally preparing himself for what was about to happen as he walked over to Saphira and rested his forehead against hers.

Tell me if you like me changing the text when the dragons speak or if you don't or if you want me to italicize it. Well that's all make sure to check the story every once in a while sense I'll release 2 to 3 chapters at a time for this book.