𝚙𝚛𝚘𝚕𝚘𝚐𝚞𝚎

Aemma Targaryen, second of her name and true-born child of Princess Rhaenyra and allegedly the prince consort Laenor Velaryon. The girl's true parentage, and her relation to Laenor Velaryon, remained under speculation since she was just a child. Despite her silver-white hair and eyes with specks of purple woven in, there would always be doubt about the truth of her conception.

When she was born, there were many celebrations throughout the kingdom. Aemma was the first-born child of Rhaenyra Targaryen, making her heir to the Iron Throne after her mother.

Celebration soon turned to speculation quickly after her younger brothers were born. Both were born with dark hair and not a hint of purple in their eyes, proof to anyone with eyes that they were bastards. Their uncanny resemblance to Ser Harwin Strong, who was often seen lingering around the Princess' chambers, caused the seeds of doubt to further spread throughout the kingdom.

Her mother despised the rumors that spread about her firstborn child. She hated the way Alicent eyed her daughter of only a few years old and the whispers that passed around when they thought no one was listening. Her worst fears came to pass when Aemma had only just turned six, and a fire started in her bedroom in the dead of night. It was a miracle Rhaenrya had decided to visit her eldest child during that time, for the thought of if she hadn't made her shudder in horror. While the fire was deemed an accident, something in her gut said something more sinister had happened that night.

And Rhaenyra knew what she had to do.

Aemma woke in the middle of the night to her mother hovering over her, the flickering candle showing her conflicted face as she stared down at her only daughter. Rhaenyra didn't say anything as she grabbed her daughter from bed, ignoring her protests and questions of confusion. She simply shushed her daughter, pulling a hood over her head to cover the silver hair that graced her head.

Sent to the countryside of Bitterbridge to the trusted care of the Lord Caswell, Aemma gained a new name and title to hide her from those who wish harm upon her family. Formally known as Aemma Targaryen, the heir to the Iron Throne and first-born daughter of Rhaenyra Targaryen, she was now nothing more than a bastard by the name of Lysa Flowers. Not even Lady Caswell knew the truth, merely believing her husband had brought home another bastard for her to set her seething eyes on.

Aemma liked to keep her distance in fear of the older woman's wrath, instead spending her days horseback riding down the banks of the river. When she wasn't out riding her favorite stead, and Lord Caswell could catch up with the elusive girl, she continued her studies. Knowing one day her daughter would have to return to court to return to her rightful place, Rhaenrya insisted on Aemma becoming fluent in all things required of her. Speaking the language known to Targaryens came easy to the princess, but learning proper etiquette and the history of Westeros was quite a bore to her. Despite this, she went through her studies quickly, if only so she could run back to the stables after.

While her life in Bitterbridge was pleasant, especially for someone considered such low-ranking for being a bastard, Aemma found herself missing her family terribly. They tried to visit as often as they could, under the pretense of visiting their good friends at Bitterbridge, but it wasn't quite the same. She always waited to hear the familiar sound of the turning carriage wheels and the arguing of her younger brothers, but was unable to greet them in the public eye. It was always hushed whispers late at night, when no one was paying attention to question why the Targaryens would sneak into the room of Lord Caswell's bastard daughter.

Then the trip would end too soon as they returned to Kings Landing, leaving Aemma alone once again. She tried not to let it weigh her down, thinking about how one day she would be able to join them and they could be a family again, but it was hard when she felt all alone at Bitterbridge. Lord Caswell was the only person she could confide in, but even he had duties that took him away for months at a time.

And so Aemma waited, praying to the gods to be merciful to reunite her with her family and return to her rightful place as heir to the Iron Throne.

Unfortunately, there was a saying in Westeros. One whispered on the streets in hushed tones, fear coursing through to bodies of all who believed in it. For it was sad that the gods flipped a coin every time a Targaryen was born.

And the gods were not very kind to Aemma Targaryen.