Hurricane Victor Part 3

Just as they were about to start their third rendition, Schneider and four of kids ran in carrying different instruments.

D: "Oh, and now, I couldn't be prouder to introduce the St. Bibiana String Quartet, starring cello superstar, Alex Alvarez."

Everyone cheered and the quartet began to play beautifully.

---

The six of us virtually danced back into mom's apartment, 

M: "Woo-hoo! We were awesome!"

D: "Oh, yeah. I mean, we probably added five years to those old-timers' lives. And papito, you were the best one in that quartet."

"You really were." 

A: "Thanks. Can we set up the PS4 now?"

"The PS4?"

E: "Yeah, Papi gave Alex and I gifts during breakfast."

"I see." 

D: "That reminds me, I got something for you, too, Muñeca." He reached into his pocket and pulled out a box.

I opened it, a diamond bracelet inside. "Papi, you didn't, I mean, how much was this?"

"Don't worry about it, I wanted to give you something nice. You deserve it mija." 

I smiled, tears threatening my eyes, "Thank you Papi." I jumped up and hugged him.

Now he turned to Elena, "Um, yeah, I'm sorry about the doll. Uh, I know sometimes I still think that you're still a little girl. But you've changed. And I haven't been so good at keeping up, but I want to." he pulled out an envelope and handed it to her.

A huge smile came across her face as she read, "A donation to Kiva... in my name!"

A: "Why are you giving money to a guy named Kiva when you could be giving money to a guy named Alex."

E: "Oh, Kiva is an organization that gives a loan to a small business in a developing nation. They're amazing!" she turned back to dad, "How did you know I would like this?"

D: "Well, I did a little research And, uh, well, somebody told me you were... what was it?" he pointed at Abuelita,

Ab: "Annoying."

D: "A... a social justice warrior."

Ab: "Same thing."

D: "Anyway, I don't know exactly how this works, but if we're ever in Tibet, we can visit a kickass yak dairy."

She squealed as he jumped up to hug him, "Thanks, Papi!" she turned back to Alex, "But we're still sharing that PS4. I like video games, too. Girls like video games, too. Don't you even."

We all chuckled, 

"But seriously, Papi? A doll?"

D: "Yeah..." 

I laughed a little more, mom sat on the couch, 

M: "Let's set this thing up, I wanna Dance Dance Revolution!"

"Don't you have a dinner thing?"

M: "Oh... that's right." she awkwardly got off the couch.

Ab: "Aw, it's true love. I'm sure Juliet forgot her date with Romeo."

M: "Alright, well, I will see you all later."

Just then, my phone dinged, 

A: I'm glad you had fun.

Thanks, I am too. 

I debated for a moment before typing out my next text; 

You know, I could use some coffee...