02.

Chapter Two

__________

~Adrian~

Audrey was back.

I knew it was bound to happen soon, but I never expected it to be a only a month later.

Jessica is going to freak, I thought as I walked through the school's hall. I couldn't understand why they didn't leave her alone. She wasn't hurting any one. I hoped they would leave her alone from now on, she suffered enough because of them.

I should have stopped Jess that day, I should have told her not to spray paint those horrible words on those lockers.

I didn't though, I was a coward, afraid of hurting Jess, she seemed so fragile lately. So instead I let Audrey hurt, I didn't exactly knew her that well' anyways. Of course there was the whole afraid of losing Jess, and wanting her to be happy.

But when I found Audrey lying and bleeding on the ground, I realized the mistake I made. I called 911 Immediately,went with her in the ambulance and called her parents. But that wasn't enough, and I feared it will never be.

So I talked with Dr. Robin, the therapist iv'e been seeing since my parents divorce.

I told him about the guilt I feel and the want to help Audrey. He said I can't help Audrey directly, because what's done is done. but he offered a program that I can help others struggling. It's like having pen pals, only the person writing on the other side, isn't a normal teenager. The letters would come from teens struggling in general life. Usually the letters came without a return address, but that was fine with me. I just enjoyed reading the letters. I immediately jumped at the opportunity when he offered.

"Hey." Jess whispered in my ear, hugging me from behind and interrupting my train of thought.

"Hey yourself." I twirled her around and gave her a light kiss.

"Did you hear that girl was back?" she asked, after pulling away.

"Her name is Audrey. you know." I shut my locker, and gave her a slight nudge.

"your'e so cute." she pinched my cheeks' and I groaned "Walk me to class?" She asked.

"Of course." I said with a sigh.

I like Jess, maybe even love her but it's hard to get to her without hiting into a wall of bitchiness, but I knew Jessica, and I knew that underneath it all she was truly good. It was just hard to get to her, which made me adore her even more.

I dropped her off at her class and walked into class. I saw Audrey siting at a desk. Of course, I thought to myself, she's in all AP classes. I went to sit next to my best friend, Max, who unlike me is in only one AP class. He's a literature genius and plays soccer. I'm more of a basketball and lacrosse guy myself. Max doesn't like my other friends, especially Jessica.

Mrs. Nickson, the teacher, walked in. "Hello, class. I just want to remind you guys, that if you have a problem, any problem, you can always come and speak to me." then she looked directly at Audrey, making her shift uncomfortably at her sit . The rest of class continued as usual.

The minute class was over Audrey ran out. I didn't know what to do. I debated if to run after her, but then decided to write her a note and put it in her locker. I knew it was a ridiculous gesture, but I hoped it would make her feel a little bit better. Again I was a coward, so I left the note anonymous.

At lunch I sat at my usual table, waiting for my friends to come. Jess and her friend, Penelope, sat down with thump. They started to chatter quickly.

"I cant believe she came back, she belongs in a crazy house."

"Totally, I mean who does that? And at the freaking park!" Penelope high pitched voice, gave me a head ache.

"Don't you feel bad? not even a tad guilty?" I asked shocked.

"What do you mean?" Jess gave me an innocent look, but her mouth held an ugly smirk.

You drove her to attempt suicide, and you won't stop bullying, you're better then that Jess! I wanted to scream out. But decided against it. I just got up from my seat and mumbled an excuse about meeting Max. Jessica looked at me shocked and I heard Penelope's terrible voice say as I walked away, "Man periods, am I right?"

_______