𝟐𝟔 | 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐧

Start from the beginning

Chuckling in response I pat her head softly, while she held me tightly. It was like she thought I was some ghost when I stepped in, only to realise it was me. Hearing her crying out loud is dismay, she began rambling on about the whole entire situation and worrying over everything. Finally calming her down, she pulls away before Jean caught my eye.

Walking over to him I sat down on the bed, placing a hand on his shoulder.

"I know what happened," my voice lowers, hearing his breath hitch in his throat. "I'm sorry about Marco......."

Without even turning to me, his shoulders slump forward while his head hung shamelessly. "How did you.......know?"

"From the report, I am your Captain," I softly spoke, sympathising with him. "He's in a safe place now, all we can do is honour his death by not forgetting him."

He sniffles while avoiding my eyes, wiping his eyes with his sleeve.

He soon sits up exhaling deeply before inhaling slowly, taking a few deep breaths to calm him down. I wanted to help some more, but I could was just console and assure him that he was alright. It felt shitty in my opinion, but what could I do? Many other cadets were dead, and I still stand alive and well.

"You're right, I guess," He murmurs, before facing me only to be surprised. His eyes linger upon my covered wound, while I allow to glance a little longer. He parts his lips, hesitation spills from his words while I smile.

"It's fine.....it's not severe," touching my wound tenderly, before standing up. "Now.....I hope you enjoy the Military Police, congratulations......"

"W-Wait!" he calls, making me pause in my steps turning back around. His face softens, "Thank you.......I needed that."

Softly smiling I close my eye, waving to him before seeing Sasha and Connie resuming their pillow fight. Rolling my eyes playfully, I walk by not wanting to spill anymore news on Eren's whereabouts. It was meant to stay quiet, hidden until further notice.

With the Mp's up our ass about Eren's threatening abilities, who wouldn't want to hide somewhere secluded.

//

~Knock~Knock~

"State name and business!"

"Captain Akira, may we speak with you?" Erwin questions, seeing Miche, Hanji and a few other scouts standing by them. Sitting up from my desk Erwin ushers me to sit back down, as they all enter my office. Closing the door behind them, I gesture for them to sit down at the table in the centre of the room.

Glancing at them with confusion, I notice Erwin about to speak up. The silence was enough to know that it wasn't a catch up, but a meeting. Leaning against the desk, my eye met confidently into his own.

"As you know we've been discussing in making you a section Commander........"

Those few words, made my stomach sink.

"...we wanted to discuss it more, seen it's a bigger responsibility to your current status," He pulls out a file of records, flicking through. His eyes trail along, "With your collaboration with instructor Shadis, your records have shown you have the leadership skills to lead more than a few soldiers...."

"What he's saying he's impressed with your work!" Hanji exclaims, cutting in. "Most of the soldiers are stronger than the previous record from six years ago, from the 103rd regiment.....you have promising soldiers with you."

Erwin nods in agreement, "Your work is commendable, so we have given you the title of Section Commander,"

Taken back by their words, it made me feel rather privileged working alongside the Scouts. With my respect for Erwin slowly and gradually rises, sometimes I would question his own thoughts and actions. He was still new to his position, but I will respect him no matter if he disrespects me if he does so.