《08》

A few years ago..

Natalya looks at the Eastern crown prince with furrowed eyebrows.

"You and Navier are getting married?" She asked.

Gulping, he nods to her.

"I suppose so.."

She averts her gaze from him, looking to the distance. A shadow covered her eyes as she let out a sigh.

Her hands clenching into fists, she grips on the hem of her skirt.

"Take care of her, okay?"

He looks at her, confused as he looked into her sullen eyes.

"Of course, Natalya. Why wouldn't I?"

She gazes into the horizon in deep thought.

Thr crown prince noticed her complexion getting paler as if she were afraid of something.

She looked like she just had a nightmare.

She shut her eyes forcibly as she contemplated on what to do.

Looking back to him, she took a deep breath before uttering her next words.

"Don't ever take in a concubine. Please. Promise me that.."

~*The Remarried Empress*~

The silverette looks around the grandiose palace, in awe of how Empress Navier had kept it's splendor.

She smiled, seeing a portrait of her dearest friend. The blonde was wearing her crown, standing like the true Empress she is.

How elegant.

She swooned as she trailed off to the other portraits of her.

Just as she was daydreaming about the Empress, a familiar woman came across her and beamed a smile.

The princess grimaces to herself as she forced a smile onto her gracious features.

"Sister Natalya!" Rashta exclaimed, hugging the princess, snuggling into her chest.

How vile. Daring to touch her in an indecent way.

She chuckled in an endearing manner as she patted her head.

"Ah, good morning, Rashta.." The princess replies curtly, smiling at her.

"Good morning!" The concubine smiled childishly, looking up at her cheerfully.

Rashta looked at her dress.

The princess was wearing very intricate clothing Rashta could not understand, it was unfamiliar to her.

The princess notices her gaze on her dress, before chuckling as she patted her head.

"You've never seen a sarafan before, Rashta?" She asked her, half-heartedly.

"Uh-uh.." She shook her head adorably, cheeks puffed in embarassment.

Natalya chuckles.

"Moving on, let's start the etiquette lessons now, shall we?" She starts, making Rashta look at her nervously.

Rashta nods hesitantly.