donghyuck wasn't in the room when she walked in which was good because it meant she could occupy a bigger portion of the bed after she'd washed the chlorine off herself.

she laid in the bed and, strangely, she wasn't tired so she got out her laptop and surfed around on it looking through a few things in hopes she would get tired but instead her mind just wandered.

it wandered off to think about donghyuck.

he had grown to be so much more different than the donghyuck she knew. from what she gathered, it seemed like the other boys also were starting to think the same. he was more quiet, less happier, more angry. he used to be the complete opposite. people change and hyerin knew that but holy shit a person couldn't change themselves completely – or so she thought. she didn't know anything about him anymore.

"do you think there's going to be a day where we aren't friends?" hyerin turned to donghyuck beside her, munching on some candy.

"maybe," he answered, honestly.

her face fell and she grew scared of his response.

"we don't know what the future holds for us. but," he folded the candy bag and placed it into his pocket, "i don't think it'll be any time soon. i don't think we'd ever get into a big argument and hate each other but i guess life would get in the way. we'd most likely part ways after high school, you go to university and i'll... we'll both be busy with our lives but i don't think we won't be friends. after all, you can't live without me," he pinched her cheek in a teasing manner. "why are you asking?"

she shrugged her shoulders. "it just came into my mind."

he pulled her closer to him and ruffled her hair. "don't think about silly things."

they weren't so silly now, were they?

she scoffed and turned her laptop off putting it on the empty desk and turning off the bedside light. donghyuck still hadn't come back.

"what are you doing?"

a shadowed figure had appeared in front of hyerin. the sun was right behind the person so she couldn't see who it was even if she used her hands as a way to shield the sun from her eyes.

"stop, please," she begged with tears brimming her waterline.

"you deserve this."

it became clear who the figure was - jaemin. it was jaemin instead of him that wanted to hurt her.

"no, stop, please!" she pleaded as tears rolled down her cheeks at a rapid pace.

her pleads were in vain.

hyerin shot up with her heart racing at an unhealthy rate. her palms were clammy and she felt a sinking feeling in the pit of her stomach with tears that were flowing down her face that she hadn't even realised.

"what the fuck...?" donghyuck mumbled, half asleep, beside her.

he faced her and seeing her shaking figure confused him further but he sat up and got closer to her.

"what?" he questioned, thinking she'd just had a bad dream and, consequently, woke him up.

when he noticed her trembling hands and heard her sniffles, he pieced together that it was something more serious and appeared concerned.

"rin?" he attempted to reach out to her but she shrunk back.

"don't touch me... please," she croaked out.

his hand dropped and so did his expression. whenever she was upset, she always wanted one of his hugs but now she didn't even want him to touch her.

suddenly, he snapped out of his thoughts by hyerin jumping off the bed and sliding on her slippers before rushing out the room and slamming the door leaving donghyuck frozen in the pitch black room confused as to what'd happened.

hyerin was sprinting through the hallways of the hotel to the elevator so she could get to the ground floor and go outside to catch from fresh air. fresh air always helped to calm her. she didn't even know what time it was nor did she care but based on what she could see of the outside, it was most likely three or four in the morning.

yet another night of not sleeping well. or sleeping at all because she'd have to wake up soon and there was no way she would be able to fall asleep again. plus, she'd just done all that in front of donghyuck and she had no idea what he was thinking of her. probably thinking worse things thank he already does.

however, then and there, she wasn't thinking of donghyuck she just wanted to clear her mind of the monsters occupying it. but that seemed like a war that would last a while.

<3
things are starting to take place. after 38 chapters we're getting somewhere