"He was fucking some girl in there I think. I don't really know." I played it cool— just how I needed to. "I only saw him for a minute, that's all." I shrugged. My nausea was growing, and his patience was thinning. A horrible combination that I was too used to.

"Did you talk to him?" He asked me in a stiff voice. This is where I knew he would find a reason to take everything he had been angry about today out on me— even if I gave him all the right answers. He was fishing for something, and I wouldn't make it out of this trap alive. He just needed to feel like he had an excuse to 'give me another lesson.'

"I did. But in case you've forgotten, Malfoy couldn't give the slightest fuck about what I'm up to, so it's not like he'd try anything. I think he'd compare me to the gum on the underside of his left shoe." I was testy tonight, and Draco was right about that. He was also right about watching my tongue, but the serum was the thing making all the sarcastic comments I typically held in spew off of my tongue like saliva— because withholding those answers could no longer be done. No one ever stood a chance on this drug like potion, and it just cost me my entire night.

"My room. Now. I'm sick of this new fucking attitude of yours." Well, you caused it yourself, buddy. "Party's over." Graham shoved me off to the side and pushed his way through the small crowd that blocked the path to his dorm. Based off past occurrences, I had about 3 minutes to meet him up there and accept my fate willingly before he'd tack on something worse than what he already had planned.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

It was now more than ever that I was thankful the numbers in this school had started to clear out this term. With the confirmed return of the Dark Lord just a few months ago, many cowards kept their children at home because they worried about letting them out of their sight. If you had parents like those students around me, however, then you were here because there was nothing to fear when you were on the winning side. The darker side. The side everyone was running from.

With fewer students in the houses, we were able to get our own dorms this year. No more sharing rooms with a small collection of children the same age as us. Some privacy. Privacy that I very much needed.

Negative— privacy in Graham's room would probably end up being my cause of death one of these nights. No one could hear my screaming and apologies. There was no risk of someone coming back at any minute and walking in on us. There wasn't any one to stop it.

Positive— privacy in my own room meant that no one would ever see the blood splattered across the sink as I tried clotting my nose, or the amount of sleep I lacked from staying up at night to mend the injuries I had sustained, or the tears that would mock me while they fell to the wooden floor and teased me for still having emotions in this fuckery of a world.

The tang of blood in my mouth was something I no longer choked or gagged over. I had grown so adapt to the taste that when I didn't have it, I would bite my lips until it was there. A strange addiction, but one you grow accustomed to having after months of never ending horror.

Wishful thinking promised me that with time— lots of it, I suppose— this would get easier. It wasn't like I hadn't already lived through it for years. My father was never gentle with his lessons back home. Graham wasn't gentle with the ones he started giving either.

Except Graham only got stronger as time went on, and I knew that would continue for the years to come. He wasn't even his full size yet, and training for the Dark Lord would only help him grow into something I could never escape.