Joey Logano- Family is Family (Part 1)

(Yes I stole the pic from Joeys instagram😂)

TW: Absent parent, soldier death, emotions

"Mom! I wanna go meet Joey!" My eleven-year-old son, Easton dragged me toward the Joey Logano meet and greet. He was a huge Logano fan, so big that his sprint car has the #22 on it.

We were at the race in Charlotte this weekend, and I had gotten tickets for Easton's 12th birthday.

"E, I'm moving as fast as I can," I replied, trying to hold onto my four-year-old son,  three-year-old son, and my seven-month-old daughter. I'm a newly single mom, and it's hard but I'm managing, it helps that Easton can pretty much do everything independently, but I've got two smaller kids to focus on.

We got over to Joey's meet and greet line, and were waiting. We finally got up to the table, and I was hoping Joey wouldn't recognize me, we hadn't seen each other in a little over twelve years. He and I hooked up while him and Brittany were on a break back in 2010/2011, I was 18 at the time, Joey was 21, and I got pregnant. July 22, 2011, Easton David Romero was born. Joey didn't want to be a parent, so he told me to basically screw off. I got married two years later on March 23, 2013. My second son, Ryan Matthew Thomas was born on November 19, 2016. My third son, Elliott Andrew Thomas, was born on January 17, 2018.  And my youngest, and first daughter, Charlotte Hope Thomas, was born seven months ago on April 22, 2022.

And now I'm a recently as of two months ago, single mom. I got the dreaded knock on the door and a flag presented to me. I had lost my husband who died serving this country.

Sergeant First Class Andrew James Thomas, US Army, 12/21/1990-8/18/2022

Loving husband, father and son.

After the meet and greet, I heard my name being called. I turned around and saw Joey walking my way. Oh lord help me, I thought.

"Hey, can we talk?" Joey asked. I nodded, "Um Easton watch your brothers," I told my oldest. I stepped away real quick, still holding Charlotte.

"So what's up?" I asked, nervously. "I just haven't seen you in a while, just curious how things are?" He said.

I sighed, "It's a long story, but I had a kid, got married, had three more and recently lost my husband overseas,"

"Oh shit, I'm sorry,"

Was he really? He didn't bother contacting me at all in the last almost twelve years.

"It's fine, I'm coping, my kids keep me going."

He looked over and saw Easton being a typical brother to the younger ones. Easton is a spitting image of Joey, the dark hair, the brown eyes, super pale skin, even has his height. I'm 5'2, and Easton is 5'1", one growth spurt and he'll officially outgrow me.

"Wait the one I met over there, he's mine isn't he?" Joey asked.

"Yep." My response was short with him. "Fuck, I'm sorry Erin. I can't believe he's that tall," Joey replied.

"He's almost twelve," I said. "I told my wife that I hooked up with you and she wasn't mad, but she doesn't know I knocked you up," He replied.

Of course he didn't tell her. "Dude Easton is in racing, he looks just like you, his sprint car is #22, people are already asking questions, so I would tell her before she finds out herself." I tell him.

"I really should, I just didn't think about it, she and I have three kids together, and I just–" He started, but I cut him off. "Didn't care that you had a son with another girl," I finished for him.