Making an instant decision, I replied.

"Next week. I'm gonna look for flights and then tell yuh which date exactly.."

————————————-
I rolled my eyes as I watch the basketball game. It was college basketball and I just picked a random team to support for the next four quarters. Unfortunately, Mi pick the wrong team because the defense weak and them shooters suck.

We down by fifteen points and the man dem nah show no sign of improvement.

I'm not ashamed to say the Tv had been stuck on this channel for the past two months. It was the last thing that "he" was watching and I don't want to change it.

I mostly tune into the basketball stuff and car racing but sometimes I may catch a good game of gulf and I'll watch that too.

Right now this team a piss me off and me feel like mi waah lock off the TV.

I ordered some food from this place that I saw on Instagram. It's a Jamaican lady who sells plates and her thing looks good. I've been craving authentic Jamaican food a lot so I've been cooking but I don't feel like cooking right now.

She said an hour for delivery, and I've been checking the clock every five seconds. Mi belly a touch mi back.

The doorbell rang five minutes later and I grew excited at the thought of my food. It's supposed to be Pumpkin Rice, Oxtails and Baked Mac n Cheese and a side order of some Jerk Wings.

I was about to fuck that shit up.

Opening the door my smile dropped.

"What are you doing here?" I asked with an attitude and chuckled.

"It's my house. I can stop by if I want to." He says before stepping inside.

"Who said you could come in?" I asked while shutting the door.

I'm not in the mood for this today.

"I don't need permission." He took a seat on the couch.

He was sprawled out really comfortably and I wanted to give him a good hearty kick on the shin.

"Come sit Shan, we need to talk."

I rolled my eyes but walked over to him anyway.

Taking a seat on the far end of the couch I looked over at him so that he could speak.

"Shan, when I said fix it, I didn't mean send the lad packing." He says incredulously.

I sighed

"I leave the country for a couple weeks only to come back to this mess. What the fuck happened?" Julian asks.

My eyes watered and his face crumbled.

"Oh no sweetie." He says, pulling me close to him.

The hug triggered me and I just let go of all the bottled up emotions that I have had for the last month and a half.

"It's okay." He says after awhile.

"You're going to be just fine." I didn't believe him but I needed an anchor in a time like this.

————————————

"Julian, where are you?" I asked as I walked through the front door.

He texted me that he was outside two minutes ago and I'm yet to see his car.

"I'm pulling up now." He replied just as I spot the black Jaguar F-Type roll into my driveway.

I made my way to the car quickly and hopped into the front passenger seat. Buckling up, I turned to face a grinning Julian.

"Hi." I say shyly and he snirks

"Hi yourself. You look good." he compliments and I blush.

"No I don't. I look dusty." I say because it was true.

For the past month and a half I've literally let myself go. My nails are grown out, I haven't been to the salon and I'm in desperate need of a wax.

I'm currently dressed in a Essence two piece sweat suit, with my hair in a bun. Julian volunteered to take me around today so I can look like a functioning member of society once more.

It's just in time too because I leave for Barbados in just two days.

"You look good. Just need some TLC." He responds before he pulls out of the driveway.

I blush at this and he laughed.

"The Shan I know can take a compliment. Don't act shy with me." He tells me cockily and I rolled my eyes

"What's this trip to Barbados about again?" He says after some time.

"I already explained it to you. I'm going to visit my niece."

"I thought you were from Jamaica?"

"I am. Her mom is Bajan." I explained.

"And why you don't want to take up my offer again?" He asked sounding confused.

I sighed

Once he learnt about my trip, he offered me is PJ. I refused and booked my $1,000 flight with Delta. I don't need to fly private to go see my niece.

"How much would it cost you to send your Private Jet to Barbados?" I asked him.

The math just don't make sense.

"Like £20k but what does that have to do with anything?"

He is genuinely not seeing my point.

"I paid $1,000 for a round trip flight.  See the difference?" I laid it out for him.

"Shan I don't get the point." He deadpans.

"That it's cheaper to book a flight Julian. I'm not allowing you to waste so much money on me."

"It can't be a waste if its for you Shan. Take the jet, I insist."